Chapter 1

Anisha was sitting at the table after grabbing some gol gappe from the snack table which was all set ready for guests to take. She was dressed in a plain purple silk Lengha matching with her cousin Kai, with matching jewellery too. It had been a sort of tradition in their family to dress them the same as they were the same age and looked similar. The music blared loudly in her ears. She glanced over at the bride sitting on a bench on the stage whilst people came one by one feeding her traditional pakistani sweets and food. It was the first time she had been to a Pakistani wedding function without her parents; however, the bride only invited the neighbourhood “kids”. A strictly “No adults allowed” pre wedding party, known as a dholki. Basically only those between the ages of sixteen to twenty five were invited. She looked at her other friends standing around the stage: Jake, Jay, Sunoo and Sunghoon, Jungwon and Riki were also there but they were younger so Anisha classed them as basically younger siblings. She also had three real siblings; the youngest was at boarding school and the eldest weren't invited. Even Though it was just a dholki Aria the bride's parents had gone all out, lavish decorations filled the gazebo in neon pinks, warm oranges and dashing greens, she hired the best Asian catering in all of England. As expected since she was the sole daughter of a businessman, her father owned many clubs and restaurants all over the United kingdom and abroad. 

The neighbourhood in which Anisha grew up in was full of the richest of rich however, they all had one common disadvantage, they were all from diverse racial backgrounds, in other words they were seen as “immigrants” and were outcasted by white business men who thought they were superior. There were ten main families that originally moved to liberty grove. They were highly respected as they were the first people to attempt to create a society for people of colour to grow without being secluded. Weddings like these are a reminder that lots of different ethnic minorities all dressed in Pakistani clothing United for a special event. It was common in liberty grove for those invited to events such as weddings or parties to dress in the traditional clothing of those who invited them. It was a nice way to share cultures and the community felt as one just like right now, no matter the race of the person they were all dressed in traditional Pakistani clothing. 

Aria was actually only half Pakistani, however for this specific event she chose to go for a more Pakistani orientated vibe. With colourful pillows and bright fabrics draped all around the garden with a fountain in the middle. Fairy lights that lead up to the stage, Aria's assigned seat, attached to a gazebo. She did a great job organising everything she enjoyed doing things like this on her own. Some would say she was a perfectionist. Everything was so cohesive and went So we'll with the natural evening light. Just then Anisha noticed that all of the boys from the ten families were dressed the same, similar to her and Kai. ‘No wonder we got asked to match’ she thought. 

Anishas friend group consisted of the children of the main ten families, Aria had given them set seating closest to the stage. The table consisted of herself, her cousin Kai, Jay, Sunghoon, Jake, Sunoo, Jungwon and Riki and an empty space for Heeseung who was still to arrive as he had gone abroad for a year. She was closest to Sunoo, Aria and Kai of course as they were all the same age and were in the same classes since nursery; however as the main ten families were close with each other it was common to meet at each other's houses often as children. Heeseungs family was the closest to Anisha's as their dads were friends in high-school.  It was originally their idea to create liberty and then the main families expanded into ten.

“Anisha, you need to get ready, the dances are going to start soon!” 

Sunoo exclaimed, grabbing her hand, releasing her from her thoughts. She had not realised the others had left.

 “Quickly the other's have already begun to get into position.”

Her eyes widened and she sprinted behind the gazebo. ‘Is Heeseung here yet’ she thought to herself, he was her dance partner for the couple dance after all.