Tormenting Him

The morning sun streamed through the windows of the school as Preeta's sleek car pulled into the parking lot. She sat inside, her posture straight and elegant, a small, satisfied smile playing on her lips as she waited for the kid who was now her servant to perform his duties. The minutes ticked by, but the car door remained unopened. Preeta's patience wore thin.

"Where is he?" she muttered under her breath, her smile fading into a frown. Her eyes narrowed with irritation. "Driver, take the car for a wash," she instructed sharply before stepping out of the car, her heels clicking authoritatively against the pavement.

Entering her lavish office, Preeta expected to find the usual setup awaiting her-her breakfast, hot coffee, and all the tasks Karan was supposed to have completed. But as she looked around, her frustration mounted. The breakfast cart was empty, the coffee pot was cold, and her desk was cluttered with unprocessed paperwork.

Her eyes turned cold, reflecting her anger. "How dare he!" she hissed to herself, pacing the room with an air of growing menace. Her gaze settled on her desk, the neglect glaring back at her. "This is absolutely unacceptable."

She sank into her plush chair, her fingers tapping impatiently on the desk. As she began to work, her mind was consumed by thoughts of the punishment she intended to deliver. Karan's disobedience was the last thing she could tolerate.

Meanwhile, Karan was rushing through the school gates, his face flushed with anxiety. He had overslept, and his mother had insisted he eat breakfast, causing a cascade of delays. As he sprinted toward the school, he realized he was already late.

"I'm so sorry, Preeta Mam," he mumbled to himself, guilt gnawing at him as he navigated the busy hallways. His friend, seeing him in a state of panic, grabbed his arm and dragged him toward the classroom.

"Karan, wait up! Did you see the homework assignment?" his friend asked urgently.

"I can't right now, I need to see someone," Karan replied, trying to pull away.

"No, you need to submit the homework first," his friend insisted, pulling him into the classroom.

Reluctantly, Karan completed the assignment and handed it to his teacher, his eyes constantly darting toward the clock. As the minutes ticked by, he found himself trapped in class, unable to escape. Finally, after what felt like an eternity, the second period ended, and Preeta began her rounds of supervision.

Karan's heart pounded as he saw her stride into his classroom, her presence commanding immediate attention. Preeta's eyes scanned the room, and when they locked onto Karan, a devilish smirk curled her lips. The gaze she directed at him was icy, filled with a predatory satisfaction that made Karan's skin crawl.

"Good morning, students," Preeta's voice cut through the room like a knife. Her eyes lingered on Karan with a devilish grin for a moment longer, then she turned and left, her footsteps echoing down the hallway.

Karan's knees felt weak. His entire body was shaking with fear. As soon as recess began, he seized the opportunity to approach Preeta's cabin. He sprinted through the crowded corridors, finally reaching her office door.

Taking a deep breath, he knocked timidly. "Preeta Mam?" he called out, his voice trembling.

"Come in," Preeta's voice was icy, carrying an undertone of menace that made Karan's heart race even faster.

He slowly pushed the door open and stepped inside, finding Preeta seated at her desk, her expression one of cold disapproval.

"I'm sorry I'm late, Mam," Karan said, his voice barely above a whisper. He looked down at the floor, unable to meet her gaze. "I overslept and got delayed. Please, I'm really sorry."