Living Legend | 8 ❥

Week after week rolled by, and eventually a whole month had passed since Siobhan had left Roger, and she had now successfully acquired a restraining order, while divorce proceedings were still taking place.
As well as this, she'd also applied for the job at the local primary school that Autumn had mentioned, and she'd gotten it!
It turned out that the role was as a headteacher, and given Siobhan's experience as a manager in a childcare setting, they'd given the job to her without hesitation. She was earning a steady wage, and had recently been looking into renting a new apartment.

The thought of being without Vivian made her stomach churn. She'd grown to become extremely attached to her, as she'd been the only safety net to catch her when she felt as though she was falling into the darkness throughout everything that she'd been through. Although, as each day passed she got more and more afraid that she was overstaying her welcome, and this thought scared her more than having to move out of Viv's house, she was terrified of doing anything that could change how she thought of her.

As the time had passed, Siobhan had truly been putting a lot of work into herself, mostly because of the kindness shown by Viv, which had taught her, in a time that felt as though the world was a suffocating embodiment of hell, that humaneness  and compassion did exist, and that she could survive even the worst possible moments.
The way that Siobhan felt about Vivian was a way she'd never felt about anyone before. She often spent her time wondering if that's what real love was, or if she was just deluded with gratitude.
The dynamic between her and Viv was confusing to say the least. They weren't exactly together, but they also weren't exactly apart.
They were balancing on a blurry line somewhere in between that made Siobhan's head spin wildly with confusion.

"Morning, Bon Bon." Viv smiled warmly at Siobhan as she entered the kitchen, it was a cosy Saturday morning, meaning that neither of them had work, however Siobhan still liked to rise early to down a few coffees, and usually to make breakfast for Viv, too.
"Bon bon!" Jamie grinned excitedly, running into the kitchen and wrapping himself tightly around Siobhan's leg.
"Good morning, sleep head!" Siobhan laughed softly, greeting Jamie with a light tap on his nose.

Jamie was another new part of her life that she'd grown to cherish dearly.
Despite working at a nursery for years, Siobhan had never taken a particular liking to children. She often found them irritating and needy, 2 traits that she heavily disliked. But Jamie, Viv's son, was different.
At first she'd treaded carefully, treating him with the same low level of polite tolerance as she had done with any children she came into contact with whilst managing her nursery. But, as time passed she'd begun to grow very fond of him, going as far as to even tuck him in in bed some evenings when Vivian just needed to crash out after a long, difficult day at work.

As Siobhan peered upwards at Viv, she noticed that her face was twisted with anxiety, and she was nervously gnawing on her nails (which were decorated with a shining black nail polish).
"Viv, is everything okay?" Siobhan questioned, her voice ringing with worry as she was overcome with a fretful frown.
"I'm fine, darling, don't worry," Viv told her quickly, "but there was something I wanted to ask you."
The pace of Siobhan's beating heart began to rapidly race, like a driver pushing down hard on the acceleration pedal. Was she going to ask her to move out? Had she really overstayed her welcome?
"I was just thinking, well I was wondering." Vivian stammered.
"Well I was wondering if we could do something?" Siobhan raised an eyebrow inquisitively.
"Like a date type thing..." Viv added quietly.
"I know you don't like going out and stuff, and that's completely fine, we could just stay in but make it dead fancy. I mean if that's okay with you?" She blurted, her rosy pink lips moving rapidly as she babbled nervously.

As though somebody was putting out a fire, relief washed over Siobhan.
"Of course we can, I'd love to." Siobhan replied contently.
Viv's face beamed happily with a delighted smile, the edge of her eyes crinkling with joy.
"Great! We could do it tonight, then, at around 8 if you're up for it? I'll cook." She rambled excitedly
"Tonight would be brilliant." Siobhan nodded approvingly.