Chapter || 15

The following school day was full of chattering, with Gryffindors table eying me heavily from across the room, the other Houses eyes burning as I walked by. Draco and the rest of our House sending me dirty looks as I walk by, but I keep my head up. Nodding my greetings to them in spite.

"Can you believe some people?"

"I want to know how the bloody hell she got to be Slytherin anyways."

"Clearly the stupid Hat made a mistake. Dumb ol' thing don't hardly work no more, they really should just toss the thing." I only read the paper, munching away on breakfast.

   All day went that way, even Professor Snape was reacting, er, lack of I suppose? He avoided my very direction, the whole entire class time. Even at lunch, and even at dinner. He just kept his glare elsewhere but, his anger particularly high today, as he swatted students with books up side the head or, belittled them every chance he got. He took no hesitation to make someone feel bad if he could, even just doing it because he could.

   Finally the time for detention rolled around, Umbridge's toadish smile already beckoning me to follow. I groan internally, but followed in silent begrudgingness.

"Take a seat. Yes. Now." Her creepy smile doesn't waver at all, in fact it increases as she gestures me to sit. A quill and parchment eagerly waiting. I look from the paper to her, her nodding her head for me to proceed.

"Good. Now.. You're going to write 'I will be obedient.'" She says with great thought. I stop from going to write, such a sentence she wants me to write..

"Why is it exac-" Her eyes widen, her smile being forced up with it in suppressed anger.

"And no!.. talking. You may begin. I will tell you when you can stop." She turns and faces the stack of paper work on her desk. Then to her kitten plates on the walls. I pause, but slowly begin.

'I will-' My eye twitches as I feel a searing pain in my hand. My heart jumps for a second at the action as I force myself to continue as not to show a reaction. What is- Did she..

'be' My eyes had lowered to my hand that rested on the desk before me to hold the paper as I wrote. As I wrote, I felt the pain, but nothing was there. She jinxed the quill? Hexed it?

'obedient.' I breath in deeply, used to the situation but not really the pain.

'I will be obedient.'

  Each time I wrote the sentence down the more intense the pain got, but still I kept my mouth shut.

"You know.. as I'm sure your aware.. spells can always be.. increased.. if you just focus on your magic." She was charging her magic into.. the quill? Even now? She's giving it more and more power?

 the quill? Even now? She's giving it more and more power?