Chapter || 20

The new adults stared at the girl boggle eyed on the trip to visit Mr Weasley, something that made her far anxious. So much attention, it was nerve wracking. Hermione comforted her, assuring the adults were just an odd bunch anyhow. She had nothing to say when Mr Weasley stared at her with strangeness however.

"It's nice to meet you, Mr Weasley. I do hope you make a full recovery" She nods in respect, a certain red haired twin gazing at her with heart shaped eyes.

"Thank you, dear. Likewise, uh, to meet you, I mean." He was at a loss for words, trying to look at his wife for confirmation but was still too stunned.

"Everything alright, Arthur?" His wife offers, hoping he meant she was referring to his injuries.

"Fine, fine. You, er, haven't seen Healer Smethwyck, have you?" He recovers.

"No, why?" She grows skeptical.

"Nothing, nothing. Well, everyone had a good day? You, uh, Vipe- Viper? Heard you spent the night as well. What did you all get for Christmas? Oh, Harry, this is absolutely wonderful—" Arthur was quick to turn his attitude around, the girl nods thankfully. His wife only growing worried as he reached for Harry.

"Arthur, you've had your bandages changed. Why have you had your bandages changed a day early, Arthur? They told me they wouldn't need doing until tomorrow." She grows concerned for her husband, the kids in turn worrying too.

"What? No, no- It's nothing, it's- I-Well, now don't get upset, Molly, but Augustus Pye had an idea... He's the Trainee Healer, you know, lovely young chap and very interested in, um... complementary medicine. I mean, some of these old Muggle remedies.. well, they're called stitches, Molly, and they work very well on-on Muggle wounds-" Viper nods, having read the practices in her studies.

"They also are using staples in some places, both are effective to some degree but stitches are-.. I'm sorry." The girl shrunk from Mrs Weasley horrified look, Arthur nodding to the alternative method.

"Staples..?!" Ron almost faints.

"Do you mean to tell me.. that you have been messing about with Muggle remedies?" Viper frowned, not sure if she had made it worse.

"Not messing about, Molly, dear. It was just, just something Pye and I thought we'd try. Only, most unfortunately, well, with these particular kinds of wounds- it doesn't seem to work as well as we'd hoped-" He tries to reason before faltering.

"Meaning?" She pushes.

"Well.. well, I don't know whether you know what, what stitches are?" He questions, hoping she didn't in detail.

"It sounds as though you've been trying to sew your skin back together." Huh, guess she did know.

"-but even you, Arthur, wouldn't be that stupid-" Ohhahah, but he is. A stupid, curious lad he is.

"I fancy a cup of tea too.." Harry suddenly spring to his feet, the younger ones in the bunch rushing after him.

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN, THAT'S THE GENERAL IDEA?!" The kids duck from the yelling that could be heard, relieved of the tension that was getting further away.

"Typical dad. Stitches.." Ginny sighs. Ron grimaced, turning to the newer female.

"Staples?!" She chuckles at this, Hermione rolling her eyes at the boy but couldn't help but cringe at the thought. Her parents were Muggle, so she was familiar but still, wasn't exactly a pleasant thing to endure or discuss.

"Well, you know, they do work well on non-magical wounds. I suppose something in that snake's venom dissolves them or something. I wonder where the tearoom is?" Hermione comments.