Chapter || 18

The days that followed were dreadful, not just for Harry and his friends, as Arthur was attacked. Harry had also discovered things while using extendable ear, which only made him feel worse and wanting more answers. Voldemort was using him, and it scared him.

"Stuff he can only get by stealth.. like a weapon. Something he didn't have last time.I'm the weapon. Harry mulled over this, fearing what Voldemort will do next. Who he'll hurt next. He was beginning to worry about the others, so much even Mrs Weasley questioned the boy's well-being. She sent him to the room he was sharing with Ron to rest, which only made his thoughts spiral worse. He's decided. He's going to run away.

    His attempts were stopped, by a Portrait named Phineas, who had a message from Dumbledore. Of course the news only made him more mad and riled up. In the end he stayed put, only to stew in his bitter feelings. He hated the words said to him by Phineas, he hated the orders he received from Dumbledore, and he hated thinking Voldemort was inside him.

  Christmas was fastly approaching, and Viper was more than surprised as she received word from Hermione too accompany her to visit Harry and Ron's family. She asked for permission to leave the grounds, somehow being granted so by the depressive teacher himself. Of course he wouldn't have let her go if he didn't know who was going to be there, not that he still liked her going in the first place. No, he hated it. But she begged, and it was Christmas afterall. He was cold hearted, not to say he didn't lack one entirely.

"Are you sure this is alright? I just feel the others might think this is pushing it. I don't want them to get angry with me for intruding- Oh and their parents!? What if they get mad-" The girl ranted in worry as Hermione laughed at the girl's reaction.

"It's alright, really. It's why I'm going too, to help cheer things up. Look, the Weasley's father got a tad hurt, so.. it's kind of tough for them right now. And Harry's been real upset about it too. They like you more than they're willing to admit. And Mrs Weasley is so nice, she'd love having another girl around, I'm sure of it!" The girl still appears anxious but still excited altogether. She wasn't going to be alone for Christmas afterall.

"Besides, this is your first Christmas at Hogwarts, we all know how lonely that must be. No one's going to object, really!"

  They arrived but not to the Weasley's house, not that Viper knew that

  They arrived but not to the Weasley's house, not that Viper knew that. An older woman answered the door, her hair as red as her children's. Her eyes linger to the girl with dark hair, a breathless gasp escaping as she steps forward and examines the girl further.

"Well, I'll be.. So it's true.." The girls share a look, not even the other girl understanding the mother's more than usually odd behavior.

"This is Viper, hope you don't mind I brought her along too. She's in some of our classes, friends with the twins and Harry. Ron too but, he won't admit that." Hermione jokes to ease the weirdness. Mrs Weasley nods heavily, taking a giant step back as too welcome the girls inside.