Chapter 2 - High School Days and Delinquents

Chapter 2 – High School Days and Delinquents

My loathing for Myrrh Alicent runs deep, stretching back to our high school days on Earth. Back then, whispers of Myrrh's name echoed through the campus corridors, not because of anything she did, but because of her mother, Mirana Alicent—the most renowned WAIFU for nearly a decade. That fame carried Myrrh to victory in the student council election, crowning her as the year-level governor.

Meanwhile, I was in the special curriculum class, the elite S rank—beyond the power scaling of the regular students. My classmates and I carried ourselves with an air of superiority, often ignoring the school's rules, believing that we were untouchable. Myrrh's victory over our class representative in the governor elections only deepened our disdain. Her authority meant nothing to us; she was a figurehead we never intended to recognize.

There were three moments—sharp, unforgettable—that turned my mere disdain into a festering hatred for Myrrh Alicent, a hatred that still burns within me today.

<><><>

I remember the first time I actually crossed paths with Myrrh Alicent during our first year.

Confident in our grades and certain we could ace any exam, the boys and I often skipped classes in favor of more exciting pursuits. The city proper became our playground, with the arcade as our regular haunt. We even ventured into the adult section—the casino. It was there that I found myself challenging aristocrats to a Game of the Generals.

One afternoon, I found myself across the table from a middle-aged man with a suave mustache, his tailored suit practically oozing wealth. He eyed me with a smirk as I took my seat.

"Heh. A student," he scoffed, leaning back in his chair. "I envy the young and their free time. Too much time to fool around. Too much time for regrets."

I met his gaze, unfazed. "An aristocrat," I replied, matching his smirk. "At least I know you can pay up in cash once this game is over."

He chuckled darkly, motioning to the board. "Sit down, boy. I'll show you how to take a beating."

We began. The Game of the Generals is like chess, but with a twist—each piece represents a military rank, and their identities remain hidden from the opponent. Deception is key, and my poker face was flawless. As the minutes ticked by, I watched his confidence waver. When I finally made my final move, his expression froze in disbelief.

"Whoa, Zaft! Seven minutes and eleven seconds! A new record!" Jorgie, my partner-in-crime, exclaimed, eyes wide with astonishment.

"Aristocrats make tepid opponents," Jeffrey, our backup, snickered. "They always underestimate the guy right in front of them."

I crossed my arms, glaring at the defeated man. "Now pay up."

"Hnnngh!" The aristocrat's face flushed with anger as he furiously rubbed his suave mustache. "I won't accept this! You kids are from the city high, aren't you? I'm calling your school for skipping classes!" His hand darted toward his phone.

"Oh, shit!" My heart raced as I shot up from my seat.

In a flash, the boys and I bolted for the casino exit. But just as we reached the door, the elevator chimed open. Stepping out were the student council president, vice president, and year-level governors, their faces stern and unforgiving. Leading the group of peace officers was none other than Myrrh Alicent.

Before I could react, she moved with lightning speed, her hands a blur as she expertly pinned me down. Her grip was firm, and I could feel the power of her karate or kung fu training. There was no escape.