pt.10

Author Pov:

It was 6:45 in the morning. Ibrahim was done with his workout and was sweating, his hair dishevelled, and his body covered with a thin layer of sweat. He was wearing a grey jogpant, no top, his six-pack abs on full display. With his hand on his hair, trying to put his hair back, he walked into the kitchen where the maid was cooking breakfast.
"I'll have my breakfast in my room after I get ready," he said to the maid and then went to his room to get ready for the day.
Ibrahim went to his room to change, he wore a light brown shirt with white pants and his Rolex watch.
He combed his hair and got ready. He called his assistant to bring his car around the front.  After that, he checked the time and saw that it was already 7:20.
Ibrahim left his room while calling out to the maid. 
"Where is mom?" he asked the maid.
"Madam is in the kitchen, sir." The maid answered. 
"How about dad?" Ibrahim questioned her. 
"Sir left for the office 5 minutes ago," she replied. 
Ibrahim nodded at her and started walking towards the kitchen.
When he reached the kitchen, he saw his mother, making tea. 
"Morning, Mom," Ibrahim said while walking toward his mom, he kissed her on the head.
"Good morning, baby," his mother replied. "I made tea. Have it," she said while making a cup of tea for him.
"Thanks," he said with a small smile, taking the tea and sitting down.
" Dad left for the office?" he asked while drinking his tea. 
"Yes, he had some important meeting," she replied while sitting down opposite him.
"Have you had breakfast yet," Ibrahim asked
"No, I'm not hungry. I'll have it later," his mom replied back
He nodded at her
There was silence for a moment. Then his mom broke the silence.
"You look good in a lighter shade of shirt," she said while sipping her tea (He smiled to himself, remembering how he used to only wear dark-coloured clothes. But ever since he and Airas started dating, he's been wearing the clothes she likes to see him in.)
"Thanks," he mumbled while sipping his tea, hiding his smile. 
They sat there for a few minutes, quietly sipping their tea. The silence was comfortable, Ibrahim's mom didn't say anything, just looked at her son with a smile on her face. 
Ibrahim could feel his mother's eyes on him.
"Is there something on my face?" he asked, looking at her with a puzzled expression, wondering why she was looking at him this way.
"Nothing, can't I look at my son?" she asked, her smile widening a little bit
Ibrahim just looked at her with blank eyes.
"ok ok, when am I meeting her?"
"Who?" he asked, trying to play dumb, although he knew exactly who his mother was talking about. 
"come on we already talked about it Please I wanna meet my future daughter in law"
Ibrahim sighed, putting down his teacup, he knew she wasn't going to let this go easily. 
"Mom, we talked about it, I don't want to force her so wait," he said, his voice firm but gentle. 
His mother just looked at him and nodded her head
"I understand," she said while giving him a small smile.
"Don't be sad after our marriage you can see her however much you want to," Ibrahim said winking at her.
After a few moments, Ibrahim got up from his seat. "I'm gonna go now," he said while picking up his car keys. 
His mom smiled and also got up from her seat. "Be careful on the road," she said while coming closer to him and giving him a quick hug. 
He hugged her back. "I will," he replied. He then turned around and left the kitchen, walking towards the front door. As soon as he walked outside, he was greeted by his black Porsche. 
He walked towards it and got in, sitting in the driver's seat.
Taking out his phone, he dialled a number.
The dial tone rang a few times before someone picked it up.
A tired voice picked up the call.
"Morning," Ibrahim said, he heard a yawn coming from the other side of the phone.
"Morning," came a reply from the other side.
Ibrahim started his car.
"Sleepyhead woke up late?" he asked the person on the other side, a smirk on his face.
"Don't start it. I didn't sleep last night," came the annoyed reply from the other side, followed by another yawn.
Ibrahim chuckled, finding her annoyance cute.
"And what were you doing all night that caused you to not sleep?" he asked, his smirk widening.
"I was talking to a stupid Donkey since he was not being able to sleep"
Ibrahim let out a small laugh.
"A donkey doesn't talk sweetheart," he said, he could imagine her pouting from the other side.
"You're mean," she replied, her voice pouty, just like he had imagined.
He chuckled
"And you're cute," he said while making a turn on the road. "What are you up to?" he asked.
"Nothing, just laying in bed," she replied.
"What are you up to?" she asked. "Where are you going this early in the morning?"
Ibrahim smiled at her question. "How do you know I'm going somewhere?"
"I know you too well, you only wake up early when you have some work to do" she replied, "Now stop dodging the question, where are you going?"
Ibrahim chuckled, "Bossy as always," he said,
"If you want to know, I'm on my way to see my beautiful girlfriend," he said, his voice teasing.
"Ibrahim stop and tell me"
Ibrahim let out a small laugh at her demanding tone,
"Calm down, my love," he said to her, "You sound like you're dying to know where I'm going"
"It's your mafia work right?"
Ibrahim smiled at her question.
It was true, he was going for work, but not just any work, mafia work, however, there was no way he would tell all that her.
"No," he replied, his voice casual. "I just have some work to do"
"Ibrahim stop lying and tell me the truth"
Ibrahim sighed,
"Alright, calm down, yes it's my mafia work, I have some things to take care of," he replied, knowing that she would not let this go easily.
"What things?"
"You're asking too many questions," he said, his voice getting a bit stern. "It's nothing that you should be worried about. I'll handle it like I always do."
"Ok then don't tell me," Aira said and cut the call
Ibrahim sighed, "This girl," he muttered under his breath.
He should have realised that she would react this way. He knew her too well to know that she hated being left out of things.
But he also knew that it was necessary.
He couldn't involve her in mafia work, it was too dangerous. 
He knew that if he told her the truth, she would put up an even bigger fight, and he didn't have the strength to deal with her tantrums this early in the morning. 
He put away his phone and focused on driving, his mind now thinking of ways to calm her down later.