Chapter 7

Singto was thankful for one thing. He believed that the creator had blessed him with a clever brain. Singto knew that education was his ticket out of the cycle of poverty, so he studied diligently while working a part-time job during high school. His hard work paid off when he passed his exams with flying colors.

Singto had always dreamed of receiving a scholarship to pursue higher education. He knew that it would provide him with the opportunity to escape the financial constraints that held him back. However, luck was not on his side, and Singto did not receive the scholarship he had hoped for.

Though disappointed, Singto refused to let this setback deter him from his dreams. With the little savings he had managed to accumulate, he persisted in pursuing his education and enrolled at the university.

He was determined to make the most of this opportunity and prove to himself and also his mom, and younger sister, the only family he had, that he was capable of achieving great things, regardless of his financial circumstances.

Enrolling at the university was not an easy task for Singto. He faced numerous challenges along the way. The financial burden weighed heavily on him, as he had to work even harder to support himself while juggling his studies. But Singto's resilience and determination fueled his motivation to overcome these obstacles.

Singto had always been passionate about underwater hockey and was thrilled to find out that there was a competition being held during the midterm break. Singto decided to participate, despite the pressure of upcoming exams.

The competition was intense, with teams from various universities vying for the top spot. Singto and his team played with exceptional skill, teamwork, and determination. Their hard work paid off, as they emerged as the winners of the underwater hockey competition. The victory was a moment of great pride and joy for Singto and his teammates.

Little did Singto know that this victory would have far-reaching consequences. Ananda Mahidol, the director of the university Singto studied at, was Impressed by Singto's dedication and talent, Mr. Mahidol decided to offer him a scholarship.

Singto was overjoyed. This scholarship meant that he would receive financial support to continue his education without worrying about the burden of tuition fees.

With the scholarship in hand, Singto's part-time job was now solely focused on providing for himself and his mom and sister. He could now invest more time and energy into his studies and extracurricular activities.

Singto stood still in front of the middle-aged man, his appearance clearly indicating that he held the position of the restaurant manager. In a respectful manner, Singto asked

"Sir, you called for me." He was dressed in the standard uniform of the establishment, a combination of red and black, which identified him as one of the restaurant waiters. This part-time job was Singto's way of earning some extra income after finishing his school day in the evenings.

The manager acknowledged Singto's presence and proceeded to give him some instructions.

"Yes, Singto, I need you to attend to a specific customer. However, I must caution you to be extremely careful around this individual. He is a young boy who often acts beyond his years, but he strictly adheres to punctuality. It is imperative that you do not arrive late."

Singto absorbed the manager's warning and nodded in understanding.

He comprehended the importance of meeting the expectations set for him and recognized the significance of the customer's preferences. Singto prided himself on being diligent and taking his responsibilities seriously.

He knew that in his role as a restaurant waiter, he had to provide exceptional service to all patrons, regardless of any peculiarities they might possess.

He approached the customer's table, but made a critical error by inadvertently meeting the customer's eyes. The moment their gazes locked, Singto froze in place, his hand clutching the tray trembling. And it became apparent to Krist that immediate action was necessary to prevent the tray from falling.

Singto seemed to be struggling desperately to maintain his grip on the tray, but it was clear that his trembling hands were unable to hold on much longer.

In a swift motion, Krist rose from his seat, reaching out to grab the tray before it hit the ground. However, his attempt to assist Singto only seemed to worsen the situation. As Singto released his grip, the tray tilted precariously, sending its contents cascading onto Krist's clothing.

The sound of liquid splattering against fabric filled the air, punctuating the awkward silence that had fallen over the restaurant.

The customers watched as the tray slipped from Singto's hands, their expression a mixture of surprise and concern. Krist, too, was taken aback by the sudden turn of events

Singto's face turned beet red, and his eyes welled up with tears of embarrassment. He stammered an apology, his voice barely audible

In a flurry of urgency, the manager sprinted towards the scene, overwhelming Krist with a constant barrage of apologies. He shot an intense glare at Singto.

"Are you still here? Go and rectify this mess immediately, ensuring that the customer's garments remain spotless," the manager uttered sternly, prompting Singto to nod in compliance.

Trembling, Singto managed to gather his voice and timidly replied

"This way, sir." Singto took the lead, closely followed by Krist, who couldn't help but be captivated by Singto's perfectly executed sway. The alluring movement of Singto's flawless rear end, swaying enticingly in front of Krist, was simply irresistible.

A sense of unease settled in his heart. The prospect of being alone in a room with Krist, under these circumstances, was enough to make Singto's nerves stand on end. With each step, he could feel the weight of Krist's intense gaze following him closely, adding to his already overwhelming anxiety.

His hand trembled slightly as he reached for the doorknob, the anticipation of what lay ahead causing his palms to grow damp with perspiration. With a deep breath, Singto twisted the knob and pushed the door open, revealing the space where he would have to confront awkward situation.

Once inside the laundry room, an uncomfortable tension seemed to settle in the air. Singto found himself at a loss for words as he stood face to face with Krist, unsure of how to begin cleaning the shirt that had brought them together in this awkward moment. The way Krist's gaze seemed to linger on him made Singto feel as though he was under a microscope.