S2 Part 2

While the group kept walking through the woods with Daryl taking the lead, Sage glanced back at the other members and noticed Lori slowing down before stopping. She knew why she didn't keep going. There was a gunshot earlier, so she was worried about Rick, Shane, and her son. Even Sage had to admit that it was strange too, but they still kept going.

She thought that maybe Lori would continue to follow them until Andrea noticed Lori, "You still worrying about it?"

"It was a gunshot." When Daryl acknowledged that they all heard it, Lori almost snapped at him, "Why one? Why just one gunshot?"

Sage felt the need to step in to defend her brother a bit when she heard Lori's tone, so she did, "They probably took down a walker."

"Please don't patronize me." Now, Lori was annoyed with Sage, and Sage didn't like it one bit, especially when she tried to make her look stupid in front of the group. "You know Rick wouldn't risk a gunshot to put down one walker, or Shane. They'd do it quietly."

When Carol voiced a concern that they should have caught up with them already, Daryl reminded them that there was nothing they could do about it. He then said that they need to keep focusing the task at hand by looking for Sophia while making it back to the highway. Even though they didn't find that little girl today, Sage was determined to get her back, and she was willing to search for her everyday. If it meant that she needed to bust through bushes to find her, then she was going to do that. 

After Andrea assured Lori that Rick, Shane, and Carl would meet them back at the RV, she glanced back one more time and hesitated to go with them. Eventually, she did though as she went ahead with Sage watched her carefully. Sage didn't trust Lori just as much as she didn't trust Shane. No matter what, she was still keeping a big secret from everyone else, including her husband and her son, by screwing around with Shane. It didn't even matter if she stopped seeing him or not because Shane was not going to let this go as the cards unfolded in front of her.

Sage soon turned back to Andrea when she reached Daryl's side again and saw how she approached Carol, causing everyone to stop. "I'm sorry for what you're going through. I know how you feel."

All Sage did was stare at Carol when she heard her say, "I suppose you do. Thank you." As soon as Sage saw tears welling up in Carol's eyes, she shook her head, not believing for having faith to find her daughter--almost sounding like Sophia was hurt or killed. "The thought of her, out here by herself..It's the not knowing that's killin' me. I just keep hopin' and prayin' she doesn't wind up like Amy." Carol realized her mistake when she noticed Andrea's expression changing. "Oh, God! That's the worst thing I ever said."

Andrea shook her head, telling her that it was alright. "We're all hoping and praying with you, for what it's worth."

She really wanted to tell them to have more faith instead of mopping around and pitying that little girl. They were going to get nowhere if they acted this way. If Sage was like this towards Kaylee Jo, then she would never find her. They needed to stop coddling one another and take action for Sophia.

At that moment where Sage took a step forward, her brother was the one who interjected, surprisingly, by making his way over to the two women. "I'll tell you what it's worth--not a damn thing. It's a waste of time all this hoping and praying 'cause we're gonna locate that little girl. She's gonna be just fine. Am I the only one zen around here? Good lord."

As Daryl turned away, Sage followed by his side, proud of him stepping up like that. It was just like Daryl though. He was always determined to help people if they were caught in a serious situation even if he was blunt to teach them not to give up. That was what he did with Sage when he convinced her to go back home with him after he found her and met her daughter by telling Sage that their father died and he wanted her to be there. When Sage refused, Daryl reminded her that their father was gone and that she could say whatever she liked to at his grave  without his sorry ass telling her off. He even made her scoff when he told her that she could even piss on his grave if she wanted to while reminding her Daryl and Merle were blood, so Sage and Kaylee Jo were going to be fine now that their father was gone as they could all look out for each other.