Chapter 1

Reece and Autumn Knight were just two siblings known as the Knight Siblings. They had such an unbreakable bond with each other and spent every minute they could with each other. They were part of a family; the Knight Family. Their father - Roger Knight - had some drinking problems and would always go to the bar after work. Their mother however was a nice sweet lady who adored them both. One night however, everything turned bad...

"Goodnight sweetheart" said h/n (their mum)
"Goodnight mummy" replied Autumn. H/n turned off her light and when down the hall to Reece.
"Goodnight Reece" said h/n.
"Goodnight mom" replied Reece H/n turned off his light and went down the grand spiral stairs to the huge living room to wait for Roger.

Half an hour later, the door swung open and Roger stumbled inside. He went straight into the kitchen without even looking at h/n.
"You ok darling?" asked h/n.
"Mmhmm" replied Roger in a sloppy tone. H/n got up from the sofa and went into the kitchen where Roger was chugging a huge bottle of whiskey. Once he finished, he dropped the bottle which caused it to create a loud smash across the kitchen floor.
"Shh, you're going to wake the kids!" said h/n.
"Who tf do you think you're telling to shush?" replied Roger angrily. H/n started to regret telling him that but she knew she had to to protect Reece and Autumn.

"Hey, it's fine, i'll clean it up, you go and lay on the sofa for a bit" said h/n.
"Ugh fine, whatever" replied Roger as he struggled to walk to the living room. H/n had collected the dust pan and brush when she heard a loud crash. She rushed out the kitchen to find Roger lying there, collapsed. She panicked. She didn't know what to do. She went to get a drink from the kitchen to bring to him for when he woke up. When she got back to him, she tried helping him and he woke up.
"Get your filthy hands off me!" shouted Roger.
"I'm trying to help you!" replied h/n angrily.
"Don't speak like that to me or else!" said Roger.
"Or else what?" replied h/n.

Autumn had woke up from her sleep to the shouting of her parents. Reece was already awake as he struggled at night to sleep worrying what was going to occur that night. As usual, Reece went down the hall to Auts bedroom (the nickname only he could call her) and knocked on the door.
"I- is that you Re- Reece?" she asked.
"Yes Aut, can i come in?" asked Reece.
"Ye- yes" said Autumn.
She was in the corner of her room shaking in fear as this argument was louder and more chaotic as usual. Reece went straight over to comfort her as he normally did.
"It's going to be okay Aut, i promise." said Reece uncertainly. Reece wrapped his arms round Aut to comfort her as they stayed and listened to the echoes of the arguing.

Downstairs, everything had kicked off. Tables had been flipped and glass had been smashed.
"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE NOW H/N!" shouted Roger.
"FINE, IM SICK OF YOUR BS ALL THE TIME AND YOUR DRINKING HABITS. YOU NEED TO SORT YOURSELF OUT." screamed h/n. Autumn came running down the huge staircase and Reece had to run after her. Autumn had ran straight to her mum and hugged her so tightly it felt as if she would have never let go.
"Autumn, let go of me. I have to go now. I'm sorry. I really don't want to do this. Reece please look after her, you know what your father's like." said h/n.
"I will mum, i promise" replied Reece.
Autumn had finally let go and h/n had stormed out of the house and slammed the door behind her.
"NOOOOOO! MOM, PLEASE COME BACK." Autumn cried.

She stormed into the living room where Roger was sitting, watching TV and drinking his alcohol.
"ITS ALL YOUR FAULT YOU FOOL. WHY? JUST WHY? YOU NEED TO SORT YOUR LIFE OUT BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, YOURE JUST A WORTHLESS HUMAN WHO DOESNT DO ANY GOOD TO ANYONE!" Autumn shouted at Roger. Roger had just looked at her and took a swig of his drink. He then just looked back at the TV.
"UGH." Autumn shrugged. Reece was there, shocked. She stormed up the stairs into her room. Reece gave a dirty look to his dad and ran up to Aut to get to her.

He had walked into her room and saw Autumn crying her eyes out, struggling to breathe.
"Aut, look at me. Breathe please." said Reece.
"I- i c- c- can't. H- how can he d- do this. W-Why would h- he do this." Autumn sobbed.
"I don't know but now mums gone, we're stuck with dad and we need to find a way to fight through this." said Reece. Reece knew they couldn't and the abuse would start to happen more now h/n wasn't here to protect them but he couldn't say that to Aut, not now at least.

Everything fell apart from this day forward...