Chapter 2

Growing up with Roger was a nightmare. Every night, both of the Knight Siblings had to hide from their dad when he came home from the bar as they knew what would happen if they disturbed him in any way.

One night, Roger had came home from work and Reece and Autumn were chilling on the sofa watching TV. Roger didn't look as drunk as usual. Maybe he was trying to fix his habits.
"Hi Dad, you ok?" asked Autumn.
"Yes mutton chops, I'm ok, are you?" replied Roger.
"Ye I'm good, it just feels weird without mom being here." Autumn said.
"What did you just say?" asked Roger.
"U- um nothing." said Autumn regretting what she had just said.
"Aut, why would you bring up mom?" whispered Reece.
"I forgot" replied Autumn.
"NEVER BRING UP YOUR MOTHER IN MY HOUSE!" shouted Roger.
"I'm sorry dad, i didn't mean to. I forgot" said Autumn.
"I *slap* DONT *slap* CARE *slap*" shouted Roger.
"DAD! GET YOUR HANDS OFF OF HER!" shouted Reece.
"NOT YOU TOO YOUNG MAN! GET UP TO YOUR ROOM NOW THE PAIR OF YOU!" shouted Roger whilst Reece and Autumn were racing up the stairs.

Reece already knew what to do as this has happened plenty of times before. He applied a cold tea towel to Autumns slap marks as they were burning her and he called Mia (Reece's gf). Mia always knew what to do as Reece always called her when Roger was in a bad state with his drinking. Mia had came over that night and Roger seemed to like Mia for some unknown reason so he would always let her in.
"Hey Rog" said Mia as she got let in.
"Hello again Mia." replied Roger. "Reece is probably in Autumns room."
"Thank you" replied Mia. "I'll go up to them now"
"Alright then" said Roger.

Mia walked up the stairs and into Autumns room. She saw Autumn and Reece sitting on the bed.
"What's he done this time?" asked Mia.
Reece replied, "He's slapped Aut again and I don't know what to do because it's getting worser by the day"
Autumn was now crying in Reece's arms still regretting what she had done.
"It's all my fault. I should have never brought up mom in front of him." said Autumn.
"It's ok sweetheart, it's not your fault. I know what it's like. My dad went not long ago and everything's fell apart with me and my mom so just know it's not just you, okay sweetheart." replied Mia. Mia had now went and sat on the bed with them to comfort them both.
"Hey, look on the bright side. It's nearly your prom and if you want, i can come over to help you get ready." said Mia.
"That would be nice. Thanks Mia." replied Autumn.