Chapter 6

*A FEW YEARS LATER*

Autumn had moved out by this point and she was trying to find a job. She was looking everywhere to see where had a placement for her. She was talking with her dad over the phone about this and he said that his nursery that he owned just recently had a deputy manager role open up. Autumn was glad about this and Roger said he would get her the job.

Roger phoned the manager of the nursery to say that he was going to be filling the role in but she already wanted to let somebody else take the role. Roger said he had already hired Autumn and that she would be starting soon.

On the following Monday, Autumn had got ready and headed to the nursery. She got there at 7am to meet the manager. She walked in to the office where she saw a woman.
"Hi, you must be our new deputy manager?" she said.
"Um yes. I'm Autumn." Autumn replied.
"I'm Marjorie and i'm the manager and i can't wait for you to start with us." Marjorie said.
"I'm so excited to work with you Marjorie and i'm going to blow you away and help you in any way i can" replied Autumn excitedly.
"Well great. This is Charlotte, a nursery nurse in the baby room and if you want, you can go and say hello to all the other staff" said Marjorie.
"I will" replied Autumn.
Marjorie walked out.
"Take out those earrings, i don't like them." said Autumn to Charlotte.
"Oh, um. Marjorie said we are allowed to wear them since it's coming up to the festive season." replied Charlotte.
"I don't care what Marjorie said. I am your new deputy manager and you shall do what i say." said Autumn.
"Um sure. I'll do it now."
"Thank you. Now i am going to meet all the other staff."

Things progressed badly with Autumn and she had given herself a bad reputation to all the staff. Nobody liked her and she became the most hated but also scariest staff member. Nobody would talk to her and if they did, they would have to brace themselves first.

A year later, interviews were happening and Autumn wasn't there to do them as Marjorie sent her up to Scotland to check on their "Scottish sister nursery". (There wasn't actually a sister nursery in Scotland.) So Charlotte took her place to do the interviews. There were multiple people who interviewed for a role but no one fit the description. Until the last person. It was a short, black haired man and he was over qualified for the position of a nursery practitioner. He used to be a former manager of another nursery but he stepped down from that role as he didn't like to not work in the rooms with the children. He got the job and they never got his name at the start. He said his name was Winter.

This was becoming the end of Autumns villain era.