Chapter 2

{"omg"- someone talking }

{'Did I just say that out loud'- your thoughts }

________________________________________________________________________________

Next Day... 

In the Morning ...

         You repeat what you did yesterday morning still thinking about what happened at lunch, you look in the mirror before leaving you touch your hair happy that it's grown back, it starts to remind you back in middle school. It was the worst thing you ever experienced, you were bullied for the stupidest thing. The thing being something you can't change even if you wanted to, they called you names, would say you cheated when you got better grades which was all the time, would pull your hair, act like your friends, and isolate you, they would pull cruel pranks on you and all laugh. The fact that you were all by yourself in this cold cruel world, with nobody to lean on unlike everyone else until you met Vasco and Jace you both grew close to the point that you saw them like brothers. You stopped talking to them when you realized that the people who would bully you started to bully them, you still regret not doing anything because of how scared you were of them. The real reason you stopped talking to them wasn't that you didn't want to get bullied but because you thought it was your fault for them being bullied, at that point you thought 'If only I never talked to them they wouldn't have to go through the thing I had to go through' but the things the bullies were doing to them was far worst then you expected after finding out about the wounds the bullies had done. Snapping out of memory lane, you remember that you still have school to go to, in a rush against the time you hurry out the door *lock it*, and start sprinting to the school only to once again cross paths with Daniel, trying to leave to be stopped by him. As you turn to face him you hear him say "Sorry, for yesterday" as he scratches the back of his neck awkwardly with an *awkward smile* plastered on his face. *you raised a brow*. 'Does he mean it or is he pulling my leg' As you just stare at him he continues to explain why he wasn't at the lunchroom he states "After we parted ways a group of guys asked to talk to me after class, so I went to the place they wanted to meet when I got to the place they start talking to me and ask me a whole bunch of questions then they asked if I smoked I told them no before leaving" scratching the back of his head again before saying "then I got lost for a couple of mins on my way to the lunchroom" *looking away*.  As he looked away all flustered and red, you started to laugh at him because of how adorable he looked all flustered. *you smile* at him before saying "its ok... I just thought didn't want to eat together anymore." *your smile weakened* As Daniel looked at you he noticed your weak smile *touching your shoulders he smiled* telling you that he wanted to eat lunch with you asking you again if you could eat lunch together. *Snap* "omg aren't we late for school" As you both look at each other you turn the sprint towards the school luckily it was only a good 5 minutes away and at the speed you both were running at you would be there in no time. 

At the School... 

        You both make it to school out of breath after sprinting without taking a break. Daniel is still out of breath *he smiles* saying "I should go to class, I'll see you during lunch this time I promise" *you smile* saying "See you during lunch then" As you both part ways you start heading to class only to bump into someone, as you *rub your nose* you look up to see you bummed into Vasco's chest. He started apologizing, but you stopped him and told him it was his fault cause you weren't paying attention. As you both head to the classroom you tell him what happened earlier with Daniel and why he didn't make it to lunch, Vasco's face is serious as he slurps on his chocolate milk. As you turn to him you ask him "What's wrong ?" he doesn't say anything just walking faster entering the classroom first without saying anything 'why is he giving me the cold shoulder...don't tell me it's about Daniel?' *you thought* As you walk into the classroom you already see him sitting in his seat with a stone-cold expression on his face with Jace at his side talking to him. The burn knuckles do their usual morning greets, as you walk towards Jace he welcomes you you turn to face Vasco and slam the desk asking why he's acting like this all of a sudden. He only looked up at you and asked why you trusted that transfer student so much as you didn't know what to say you just looked at him as he continued all he said was that the transfer student was bad news before he looked away from you. You stare at him knowing you're not going to get anything out of him when he's like this so you say " I don't know why but he's different" As you look down Vasco doesn't say anything but gets up and walks away. As you were left there everyone wondered what happened between you two you looked up to see Jace following Vasco as you turned to go to your seat you thought ' Why is he acting like this all of a sudden, I understand why he wants me not to trust daniel but unlike the others, he said sorry and explained himself instead of just pretending it never happened, I hope he doesn't continue acting like this.'