It's Always Been You

Just A Deep Conversation Between JJ & Kiara That Was Long Overdue...With A Little Extra Stuff In Between

It's been a hectic couple of days since the bike race and the Pogues couldn't seem to catch a break. People have either wanted to talk to them nicely or be total bitches, there was no in between. It was beginning to be way too much and the only place they could escape and not be found was whenever they were out on the water.

JJ had bought a charter boat with his portion of the money and everyone was obsessed with it. It had decent space, a good cabin and it made for great fishing so gathering their stores bait was easy as long as they had The Snapper on deck and ready.

The most fun Kiara ever had were the days she was steering the boat with JJ all up on her from behind making sure that she was doing it right. She always was, I mean she did steal Rafe's boat from him with ease, surely she could steer this boat too. But really this was just as excuse for JJ to make dirty jokes in her ears while Kiara tried to remain cool while the others watched them.

Today was another long day of avoiding people as Kiara docked the boat in front of their home. Everyone else was quick to get off while JJ and Kie made sure it was secured to the dock properly and that everything was cut off.

Kiara was about to follow the others but JJ grabbed her hand and directed his eyes downward. Kiara smirked as she allowed JJ to pull her back on the boat and down to the cabin.

When she got there she saw an area in red that was closed off from everything else. As she got closer she saw two pillows and a blanket laid out inside.

Comfy enough

JJ hopped in first to show Kiara how to settle inside of it. Once he was situated she followed and it wasn't as bad as she thought it was gonna be. It was wide enough that they could have some personal space but close enough that they could hold hands without having to do too much moving.

For the first few minutes in there it was complete silence. They didn't know what to say but they knew they wanted each other's company. It wasn't awkward, Kiara didn't feel obligated to talk and neither did JJ, this is how it should be with everyone.

"Hi" she knew they didn't need to talk but she wanted to hear his voice.

"Sup" that made them both giggle. Even though the last time they said that together it was a scary time they have learned to laugh and hope for the best. But in all reality there were many things plaguing each other's minds.

"You know I was really scared that day" JJ felt the grip Kiara had on his hand tighten as he turned to look at her but she still stayed looking up.

"Even after you were okay I blamed myself for you getting hurt and the first few days on Poguelandia were hard because of that"

This made JJ recall those first few days and it didn't take much to dredge up those memories. He remembered Kiara always yawning, even on the few days they were given busy work to keep them active and alert. Whenever he asked back then all she said was that she wasn't sleeping well and that was as much as she ever told him. He never would've thought the thing that was making her lose sleep back then was him.

"Why didn't you tell me Kie? I could've helped you" JJ moved closer to her and now they were lying on the same pillow as JJ leaned into her touch.

"Because I thought it was stupid and that I'd get over it eventually and I did-" "Nothing you do could ever be stupid Kie" she finally moved from the position she was in to look at him. Because of how they were lying down, her tears made their appearance faster than ever as one slid down the side of Kiara's face. JJ tired to wipe it himself but it was too fast for him.