I Can't Stop Me

A one-shot based off I Can't Stop Me by TWICE

Gisela's POV

[알람이 울려대 Ring ring a ling서로의 눈길이 닿을 때마다알면서 빙빙 도는데점점 다가가잖아 I know it's too late

(The alarm goes off, ring, ring-a-ling

Whenever our eyes meet

I notice but just spin around

Yet I keep getting closer I know it's too late)]

"So, I ordered the bananas, and you'll never guess what happened," my husband, Gethen, was saying. Brant was on the edge of his seat. I, on the other hand, was not.

This had to be the most boring dinner party Gethen and I had hosted. The monthly parties were fun when we began hosting them, but after seven months had gone by, it began to feel like a chore.

The oven beeped. I practically jumped out of my seat at the excuse to leave.

I'd turned the corner, walking to the oven, when I found myself face-to-face with Fintan. My heart immediately went into overdrive. Sure, Fintan was Gethen's best friend, but I couldn't help my feelings. Still, I couldn't help but feel guilty.

"Fintan," I gasped. "Hi."

"Gisela," his kind smile turned into something resembling a smirk. "What are you doing back here? Did Gethen's story about bananas bore you to death?"

The oven pinged again. "I just got up to get the meatloaf," I told him, avoiding his gaze.

"Let me help you," Fintan told me. "It's too big for one person to carry it by themselves."

"Thanks," I told him, though I could barely hear myself over the beating of my heart. I couldn't remember the last time I felt that way about Gethen.

Fintan reached around me, grabbing the meatloaf with hot pink oven mitts.

"Grab the handles, and I'll hold the meatloaf from underneath," Fintan told me.

"Yup," I responded, but I wasn't quite paying attention. I grabbed the sides of the container and lifted it out of the oven.

"Nope," Fintan teased. He grabbed my mitted hands and put them over the handles. He looked into my eyes for a few moments too long.

But what about Gethen? I spun away, my heart still hammering. "Thanks for the help, Fintan."

"You know it," Fintan smirked.

I quickly strode away, my cheeks flaming.

[마음속으로는 다 알고 있잖아결국에는 선을 넘게 될 거라는 걸I'm to warning myself너 그러면 안 돼매분, 매초, 내 맘이 내 맘을 추월해 Out of control

(In my heart, I already know

Sooner or later, I'll step over the line

I'm warning myself, I shouldn't be doing this

Every minute, every second, my heart goes ahead of me

Out of control)]

"Are you alright?" Gethen asked as I sat back down at the table.

"Yeah, totally," I responded. My traitorous eyes followed Fintan as he sat back down in his seat. I couldn't help it anymore. I had fallen hard for Fintan. And I knew in my heart that I wouldn't be able to ignore my feelings. I was out of control.

But what about Gethen? My mind asked again. He's your husband. Don't you love him?

"But when the bananas arrived, two of them were overripe, while the others were still green! So I called the grocery store, and told them..." Gethen droned.