A Dangerous Encounter

Mick was lost in his thoughts, the alcohol blurring the edges of his awareness, when Rhyle casually slid into the seat beside him. The proximity made Mick glance up, his gaze locking with the stranger’s intense eyes.

“I’m Rhyle,” the man said smoothly, his voice carrying easily over the hum of the bar.

Mick blinked, surprised by the stranger's directness. “I’m Mick,” he responded, a bit wary.

Rhyle’s lips curled into a small smile. “Yeah, I know you.”

Mick frowned, his curiosity piqued. “How do you know me? I don’t know you.”

Rhyle leaned in slightly, his expression unreadable. “You’re the son of the biggest businessman in the country. People like me tend to notice people like you.”

Mick shifted uncomfortably in his seat, uneasy with the attention. But before he could respond, Rhyle subtly signalled to the bartender. The gesture was so quick that Mick didn’t even notice it, his mind still swirling with confusion and the effects of the alcohol.

Growing tired of the conversation and the unnerving man beside him, Mick spoke more harshly than he intended. “Can you please leave now? I just want to be alone.”

Rhyle didn’t seem fazed by Mick’s tone. Instead, he reached for the drink the bartender had just placed in front of him. “Alright,” he said with a calm smile, holding out the glass to Mick. “But at least accept this drink. After that, I’ll be on my way.”

Mick, feeling a mix of frustration and stubbornness, snatched the glass from Rhyle’s hand. “Fine,” he muttered before downing the drink in one go. He slammed the empty glass on the table, his eyes narrowing at Rhyle. “Happy now? You can leave.”

But instead of leaving, Rhyle’s smirk only widened, a dark glint in his eyes. Before Mick could process the sudden shift in the atmosphere, his vision started to blur. The room seemed to tilt slightly, and he blinked rapidly, trying to clear his head.

“What… what did you…” Mick’s words trailed off as he struggled to stay upright.

Rhyle watched him intently, his expression predatory. “Relax, Mick. I’m just making sure you won’t cause any more trouble tonight.”

Mick tried to stand, but his legs felt like they were made of lead. He swayed, grabbing onto the table for support, but it was no use. The world around him grew hazy, and panic began to rise in his chest.

“Let… let me go,” Mick slurred, his voice weak as he tried to push Rhyle away.

Rhyle’s grip tightened on his arm, his strength overpowering Mick’s feeble attempts to resist. “You’re not going anywhere except where I take you,” Rhyle whispered, his tone leaving no room for argument.

Mick’s protests grew quieter as the drug took full effect. The last thing he saw before darkness claimed him was Rhyle’s cold, calculating eyes.

---

Mick’s eyes fluttered open, and he found himself lying in an unfamiliar bed. His head pounded, and his body felt heavy and disoriented. As he slowly sat up, the events of the previous night came rushing back to him, and dread filled his chest.

He wasn’t at home. He wasn’t even at the bar. He was somewhere completely unknown, and he was alone.

---
                   * Author's pov *
    Hey guys! Do you like the story?
   Stay tuned to know what's going to
   Happen next.