The Test Of Defiance

Mick sat in the university courtyard, trying to focus on the conversation between his friends, but his mind kept wandering back to Rhyle. He hadn’t heard from him since their last encounter, and part of him hoped it was over. But his phone buzzed, pulling him back to reality.

He glanced at the screen. The message was from an unknown number:

*“Hey, little rabbit, meet me at my office in 30 minutes.”*

Mick felt his heart skip a beat. His fingers quickly typed a reply.

*“No. I’m not coming.”*

A few seconds later, his phone vibrated again.

*“I wasn’t asking. Come, or the next time I send you something, it won’t be so polite.”*

Mick cursed under his breath. He had no choice—again.

---

Twenty-five minutes later, Mick stormed into Rhyle’s office without knocking. Rhyle, sitting behind his large oak desk, raised an eyebrow but said nothing at first. The room was as cold and imposing as its owner, the polished surfaces gleaming under the soft lighting.

“Ever heard of knocking, kid? Or did your dad never teach you any manners?” Rhyle smirked, leaning back in his chair.

Mick rolled his eyes. “Save it. Just tell me why I’m here.”

Rhyle’s lips curled into a grin. “Spoiled and rude. Impressive. I called you here for a simple task—something even you can handle. I want you to clean my office.”

Mick blinked, completely caught off guard. “What? Clean your office?” He looked around the pristine room. “You’re joking, right? You probably have a hundred people on staff who do this.”

Rhyle stood up and walked over to him, circling him like a predator eyeing its prey. “No jokes, little rabbit. You’ll clean this office. Every inch of it.”

Mick’s frustration bubbled over. “Listen, Mr., first of all, stop with this ‘little rabbit’ nonsense. And second, I don’t care what your game is—I’m not giving in to whatever you’re trying to do. You can threaten me all you want, but I’m not some toy you can push around.”

Rhyle stopped directly in front of him, his piercing gaze locking onto Mick’s. “Hmm... seems like the rabbit found his tongue.”

Mick’s jaw tightened. “I mean it. Whatever this is, I’m not going to roll over and give up.”

For a moment, Rhyle was silent, his eyes narrowing as he took in Mick’s defiant stance. Then he chuckled. “Cute. But your options haven’t changed, rabbit. Either you do what I say, or we take this to the next level. Your father would love to see those pictures, wouldn’t he?”

Mick clenched his fists, staring at the floor. Rhyle was pushing him, testing his limits. But as much as he hated it, Mick knew he had no way out.

“Fine,” he muttered through gritted teeth. “I’ll do it.”

---

Mick spent the next hour cleaning Rhyle’s office, scrubbing surfaces, rearranging files, and wiping down shelves. It was humiliating. He had never done anything like this before in his life, and every muscle in his body screamed with indignation. The rich smell of leather and polished wood made the task feel even more demeaning.

Rhyle watched him the entire time, casually leaning against his desk, his arms folded across his chest. Every now and then, he’d make some small, smug comment just to rile Mick up further.

“You missed a spot over there,” Rhyle pointed lazily to a corner.

Mick shot him a glare but continued cleaning without a word. He was exhausted by the time he finish half of his work, his hands sore from the unfamiliar work.

“Happy now?” Mick asked, his voice dripping with frustration.

Rhyle looked around the room and nodded slowly. “Not bad for a first-timer. You almost look like you’re cut out for this.”

Mick scowled. “This is ridiculous. What do you even get out of this? Some kind of sick satisfaction?”

Rhyle shrugged, approaching Mick with slow, deliberate steps. “Maybe. Or maybe I just like seeing you squirm.”

Mick felt his pulse quicken as Rhyle moved closer, standing just inches from him. Rhyle’s presence was overwhelming, and Mick could feel the tension thick in the air.

“Listen, I don’t know what kind of game this is for you, but I’m not playing along,” Mick said, his voice trembling slightly, though he tried to hide it.

Rhyle’s smirk widened. “Oh, little rabbit, you’ve been playing since the moment we met. You just haven’t realized it yet.” He paused, his eyes gleaming with amusement. “And for the record, I’m the one making the rules.”

"Whatever" Mick said while shooting death glare at rhyle," should I continue or not ?"

" Ofcourse you should continue cleaning, little rabbit" said rhyle, teasing.

_______