The Offer (Part ll)

The taxi pulled up in front of an imposing building, sleek and modern, its glass façade gleaming in the morning light. Mick paid the driver and stepped out, staring up at the structure. The address on the card had led him to a place he never expected—Rhyle’s company headquarters.

His jaw tightened as he walked through the revolving doors, his heart pounding. The lobby was grand, filled with marble and glass, a testament to the wealth and power that Rhyle commanded. But Mick didn’t care about the opulence; he was here for answers.

The receptionist looked up as he approached, her expression calm, almost knowing. “Mr. Williams, you’re expected,” she said, her voice smooth as silk. “Please, take the elevator to the top floor.”

Mick’s pulse quickened. They were expecting him? He forced himself to remain composed, nodding curtly before heading to the elevator. As the doors closed around him, he felt a tightening in his chest. This confrontation was inevitable, but he was far from prepared.

The elevator ride was excruciatingly slow, each passing floor heightening his anxiety. When the doors finally opened, he stepped out into a long corridor that led to a single, imposing door. He walked down the hall, his footsteps echoing in the silence, and without hesitation, he slammed the door open.

Rhyle was seated at his desk, as composed as ever, his eyes meeting Mick’s with a mixture of amusement and indifference. Beside him stood a bodyguard, who tensed at Mick’s sudden entrance.

“Leave us,” Rhyle said calmly, not taking his eyes off Mick. The bodyguard hesitated but then nodded and exited the room, leaving the two of them alone.

Mick’s fury boiled over as he stepped forward, his voice shaking with a mix of rage and fear. “Do you have any idea what could happen if those photos got out? You’ll ruin everything!”

Rhyle slowly rose from his chair, his movements unhurried as he approached Noah. “Calm down, little rabbit,” he said softly, his smirk growing. “I wouldn’t want to ruin such a perfect life, now would I?”

Mick instinctively took a step back, but his retreat was halted as he stumbled and fell onto the sofa behind him. Before he could react, Rhyle was standing over him, leaning down to brush a strand of hair from Mick’s face. His touch was gentle, almost tender, but the words he whispered in Mick’s ear were anything but.

“Be my slave then.”

Mick’s eyes widened in shock. His heart pounded in his chest as he pushed Rhyle away, standing up quickly. “Slave? Really? You think I’m going to bow down to you? Just because you’re my father’s biggest rival doesn’t mean I’ll ever give in to you.”

Rhyle’s smirk didn’t waver. He stepped back slightly, but his gaze remained locked on Mick’s. “Oh, little rabbit, you don’t really have a choice, do you? It’s either that, or everything you care about goes up in flames.”

Tears welled up in Mick’s eyes, but he refused to let them fall. “What do you want from me?” he demanded, his voice trembling. “Just say it! And stop calling me that.”

Rhyle’s expression softened, though the teasing edge remained. “I’m not playing games, Mick. I want you to be mine for one month. After that, I’ll let you go, and your father will never know about any of this.”

Mick’s glare faltered, his mind racing as he weighed his options. He knew Rhyle wasn’t bluffing, but the idea of submitting to him was unbearable. Still, what choice did he have? His life was spiralling out of control, and Rhyle held all the cards.

Rhyle watched him closely, his eyes gleaming with a mix of amusement and something darker. “What’s it going to be, little rabbit?” he asked, his voice low and dangerous. “Your dignity, or your father’s reputation?”

Mick’s heart pounded in his chest as he stared at Rhyle, knowing that whatever choice he made, his life would never be the same.

_______