Chapter 2

LOGAN'S POV

"You look sexy in that dress," The foster dad, Jack says. "Come sit in my lap." I slowly walk over to him obeying and he pulls me into my lap. "What a beautiful short dress." He made me wear a short white dress that is basically see thru. I told him no at first. And then he shoved me in a corner starting to beat me. I sit in his lap and he starts running his hand up my thigh. My heart starts to race and I feel tears prick my eyes. He sticks his hand somewhere it shouldn't be, especially for a 10 year old. I start crying and he doesn't stop. He keeps going for almost an hour until I'm on the floor sobbing. "You're done. Useless bitch." Jack says, slapping me across the face again.

I jerk away and start to sob. I start to shake and hear movement around outside of the room. I move away from the door shaking even harder. I move to the corner of my room shaking uncontrollably.

"Hey, hey Logan." Taylor says, kneeling next to me. She wraps her arms around me and I sob into her arms. "Breath with me. Breath with me princess. It's okay. I'm right here." I cry harder, unable to breathe. "Logan, Logan, follow my breathing. Breathe in. Breathe out. Breathe in. Breathe out." Taylor says. I shake my head sitting up.

"I can't, I can't Taylor! Why can't I!" I say melting back into her arms. Taylor pulls me closer and I sit crying in her arms for almost an hour. I finally calm down laying in Taylor's chest breathing with her. "I'm sorry." I finally whisper.

"You didn't do anything princess. It's not your fault," Taylor says, rubbing my arm. We sat in silence for a few more minutes.

"It was a nightmare," I say.

"What?" Taylor asks.

"I know you were gonna ask. I may as well tell you," I say.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Taylor asks, moving to run her fingers through my hair. I shake my head softly. "That's okay. How about we go to sleep. We can go to my room. Or we can stay in yours. Whichever you want."

"Your room." I finally whisper. We walk to Taylor's room and I curl up in her bed. Taylor gives me a little space and I do appreciate it. I fall asleep after hours of laying in Taylor's bed.

IVY'S POV

I wake up early the next morning and start shaking. I have no idea where I am and I'm alone. I guess I'm like that a lot. I'm only eight years old but I get stressed very easily. Logan walks in and wraps her arms around me.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you. Taylor Swift found us and we're in her house. I'm sorry Ivy." Logan says, holding me tightly.

"Wait. Taylor Swift?" I ask pulling away. Logan laughs.

"Yeah, wanna go see her?" Logan asks. My jaw drops and Logan grabs my hand and we walk to a huge kitchen. It's so homey and it's so cozy to be in here.

"Hi Ivy!" Taylor Swift says walking over to me. I turn to Logan, still shocked. Logan laughs and nods towards Taylor.

"Um hi!" I say. Taylor picks me up and hugs me. It's so warm. It's comforting. I don't know the last time I've been hugged by someone other than Logan who actually acts like they care. My parents never cared about me and did a lot of things that definitely aren't legal or allowed. Logan walks away and I spin my fingers around a strand of Taylor's hair.

"How old are you sweets?" Taylor asks as we walk to the living room. We sit down on a couch and I lay my head in Taylor's lap.

"Eight," I say, holding my fingers in front of my face.

"Wow, you're getting so old," Taylor says. She starts to rub my back and I tense up. "Oh sorry." Taylor says noticing.

"No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to do it. I'm fine," I say. I look up at Taylor and she shakes her head.

"Don't be sorry," Taylor says. We sat in silence for a few more minutes. "Do you like Logan and Bella?"

"So much. They're my family. I have nobody else, well I mean my parents. But they don't count. Logan's taken care of me since I went into foster care when I was 4. And Bella is so sweet. She's little so she doesn't know anything. But it just feels nice to kind of have a family. I know it's not by blood, so it may not be real, but it's real to me."

"That's sweet," Taylor says. I nod slowly. "Do you want to talk about your parents?" I shake my head. I get flashbacks about them all the time. Not once has it been anything good. There's one flashback that lives in my mind nonstop, like a movie that never ends, it's always rewinding and replaying from when I was 4 years old.

Dad takes me into the bedroom. "Don't tell your mother about this." He whispers. I start to cry knowing about what's going to happen. Dad slams his hand over my mouth and I start to squirm around trying to escape. Dad slams me farther into the bed and slaps me across the face until I shut up. I know I probably deserve it. He throws me off the bed, physically throws me into a corner and takes his belt off. I flinch before the belt hits me, leaving large red marks across my back and all over my body. *LATER IN THE DAY* "You're not eating dinner Ivy Megan." Dad says. "What why?" I ask, barely whispering. "You don't deserve it." Dad says as his voice starts to raise. "I need to eat though." "I'll tell you what you need, a good hard whipping." Dad says throwing the chair away from the table. He takes off his belt and I know I made the mistake when I ran. I ran to my room and closed the door. I break down sobbing. Dad bursts through the door and whips my back with the whip. He turns me over and slaps my face a few times. I cry harder and Dad throws me onto the bed and slams the door closed.

Would it be wrong to stop calling him my Dad? Was it wrong what I did to him? Should I have apologized to him for disobeying? What if I did everything wrong and Dad was really trying to be nice.