TEN • EPILOGUE

YOU'RE THE LIGHT, YOU'RE THE NIGHT. YOU'RE THE COLOUR OF MY BLOOD.
- LOVE ME LIKE YOU DO, ELLIE GOULDING.

"I've lost her." Pietro shouted, panic filling him. "She's gone."

"Pietro, calm down." His wife laughed, walking into the room carrying their daughter. "Anna is right here."

"She's okay? Are you sure she's okay?" Pietro said checking their daughter.

"Pietro." Rosalind laughed. "She completely fine, she's just started teleporting."

"Okay." Pietro sighed.

It's been five years since the battle against Ultron. Five years since Pietro thought he had lost the love of his life forever. After Rosalind closed her eyes, Pietro thought it was over. But then the most miraculous thing happened. Water began to trickle along the ground towards Rosalind. The wind lifted her into the air. Flames surrounded her and the water weaved itself through the water, surrounding her. Pietro stood back, unable to comprehend what was happening.

The elements were healing her. They provided her with just enough life force, that Pietro could lift her onto the helicarrier. Rosalind received immediate medical attention. Everyone was frantic, worried about her.

Rosalind was in intensive care in a coma for six months. It came to the point where her body was physically healed, but she still wasn't awake. The doctors lost all hope.

But Pietro didn't.

He held her hand night and day, constantly talking to her about what was happening.

Things have been better since Rosalind returned to full health. The Avengers were now happy and content. After the battle Bruce left, cutting all ties with Natasha. Eventually he returned, but he and Natasha never rekindled whatever romance they had.

Four years ago Steve and Natasha began to date and since then they have become a family. They married last year and adopted a baby boy, which they named James.

Clint and his wife were very happy and now along with their two other children had a five year old girl. Tony had somewhat matured and the grudge between him and the Maximoff Twins had slowly dissolved, but there was still tension. They were civil, but Rosalind knew they would never be the best of friends.

Pepper was currently pregnant with their first child and the couple were both overjoyed. Bruce was still single, but was happily working away. Wanda was also single, but Roslaind could definitely see something happening between Wanda and Vision. Thor and Jane were currently planning their wedding.

Rosalind and Pietro had been married for three years and had a one year old little girl, which they named Anna. Since she was the daughter of two mutant parents, Anna obviously was a mutant herself. Anna could teleport and run as fast as her father.

So she kept Pietro and Rosalind on their toes, for obvious reasons.

Pietro sat on the couch in their living room and Rosalind sat beside him. She placed Anna on his knee and watched the two. Pietro was an incredible father. He completely adored Anna. She was the apple of his eye.

Anna looked at her father with her massive blue eyes. "Da da!" She cheered clapping her hands. Pietro smiled and kissed his daughter hands. Rosalind smiled and rested her head on her husbands shoulder.

"Mama!" Their daughter laughed.

"It's time Anna went to bed." Rosalind said.

Pietro nodded. "Is my wee Anna tired?" Pietro asked in a baby voice.

Anna smiled mischievously in response. The couple knew what their daughter was about to do.

"Anna." Pietro warned.

But he was speaking to air. Anna had teleported.

"Dammit!" Rosalind swore. But Pietro was laughing.

"Oh no mister." Rosalind said, pointing at Pietro accusingly. "She does this every time I try to bath her, after a while it gets a little annoying."

Pietro shook his head, still laughing. "I know where she is." He laughed.

Rosalind went to ask where she was, but he was off in a flash.

"They're as bad as each other." Rosalind sighed.

She walked around the house, in search for her husband and daughter. Finally she found them. Anna was lying in her cot and Pietro stood, leaning against the doorway. Approaching Pietro, she stood beside him. Pietro wrapped his arm around his wife's waist as she out her head on his shoulder. Watching over their daughter they both smiled.

"Thanks for coming back to me." Pietro whispered.

"Well I promised I would." Rosalind whispered in response.

If someone had've told Rosalind six years ago, that today she would have a husband and a daughter she would have laughed at them and then punched them. Probably.

But here she was and here they were.

He had broken down her walls, made her fall in love with him.

And Rosalind wouldn't have had it any other way.

----
A/N
AND THAT'S A WRAP.
I cant believe that this story is over already. I have loved every minute of writing this and thank you all so much for reading it. I hope you have enjoyed.

Jenna xxxx

Ps the song quotes that I have placed at the beginning of each chapter are not mine (obviously) all credit goes to original owners.

NOTE
hello, it's now 2016 and I'm just here to add a lil note. I was planning on editing this story, but honestly I just don't have the motivation to do it. I don't want to keep it unpublished though, so it's just staying as it is :)