Chapter 13

{Jake}

"I can't sleep."

I whine, squirming around uncomfortably in the bed. It's too hot, but when I take off the blanket, it's too cold. I try not to wake up the other two, but I don't think it's possible with how uncomfortable I am currently.

I know an idea, I could get some water. Or like a snack. That way always helps. Right?

As the wind blows silently and the faint snores are heard, I sneak out of bed and head downstairs. The floorboards of the stairs creak underneath me and I walk towards the kitchen.

"Alright. Let's see what we have."

I rummage through the cupboards and get a glass, placing it down on the island table. I turn to the pantry and look for those sour patch gummies I've been craving for the whole week.

Before I could even touch the bag, I felt an unsettling presence near me. It's not weird since I've been hallucinating lately, but this time I felt like someone was actually watching. The bag rustled as I picked it up and glanced towards the window.

There lay a shadowy figure outside, on the other side of the window.

My body tensed and my eyes couldn't move away from it. Blinking two times, the figure had gone away. "What the fuck...?" I mumble, taking the empty glass and filling it up with warm tap water.

Just then, something grabs my shoulders making me jump. I spill a bit of water on my shirt and the floor, and I turn my head.

"Got you good." Ni-ki grinned, taking a sour patch kid from the bag and popping it in his mouth. "Why are you up so late?" He chewed, his face trying not to show that the sourness was affecting him.

"Just couldn't sleep."

"Why the hell did you move without your little walkie things?"

I scoff, throwing a gummy at him. "It's called a crutch. And I don't need one right now. Also, were you outside?"

His eyebrow raises and looks outside, seeing nothing but the scenery and the night sky. "No, why? Who would be outside at this hour?"

"I don't know. But I saw someone watching me earlier." I shrug as I clean up the water on the floor. "I wonder who it was."

"Are you sure it wasn't your hot doctor?"

"No!" I whisper-yell.

"Okay, chill. Just asking." Ni-ki rolls his eyes and puts his hands up in surrender. "You know, sour patch kids and warm tap water is not a compatible combination."

I roll my eyes, "What do you know about compatibility? Oreos and peanut butter. Not to mention the chunky kind."

Ni-ki looks dumbfounded as he crosses his arms. "Hey! That combination is good! You don't know anything about good food combinations!-"

Before we could continue arguing, we hear footsteps marching down the stairs. We both quickly looked at the hallway just to see Soobin standing there.

"Go. To sleep. I do not care about your fucking chunky peanut butter covered oreos." He says firmly as if he hasn't been mad in a year. "And why are you drinking tap water?"

I forgot the walls were thin in this house.

"I'm too lazy to get actual water. Tell Ni-ki to go to sleep."

"Yeah, fine. Whatever." Ni-ki muttered, taking the gummy bag with him. "I'm coming." They both head upstairs while I sit there in my collective thoughts.

Who was the man and what does he want from me?

(NOT PROOFREAD)

HELLOOO

i know how to make a peace sign with my ring finger and my middle finger