Chapter 4

The next day

I sat in the interview room of the police station, waiting for an officer to come in, my leg bouncing up and down and my heart racing fast, numbness filled my brain and soul.

A door opened. "Hello Miss.........Lee rose?" The officer spoke, walking in, closing the door then sitting opposite me, "Sadie.." I said wanting him to call me that instead,but he sort of shrugged it off, he laid a recorder on the table and pressed start "12 am" he said , then "Sadie , tell me what happened the day of roisin Scarlett's suicide"

The words that still shock me to my core, roisin, suicide, I never thought those 2 words would be used in the same sentence.

"I- I well I , I Uhm" tears started to leak from my eyes, eyes that have seen to much, "take your time" the officer said to me calmly, I sighed "the night before, roisin told me some-" I gulped "some stories, Uhm that made me feel extremely horrible and I- I don't know what I said but roisin got mad and she stormed off-" the officer then cut in "what where the stories?" , I looked at him , sternly " I don't Uhm..wanna say because it's very important to her and I'm not sure you know, so I'd like to keep it that way" I said, everything that happened I wanted to keep her secrets safe, "for the sake of the law and this interview we need to know all the information you know." He said, I sighed deep, taking a tissue from the box sat on the desk and wiped my nose.

"Well, her best friend, Lillian told me Uhm , roisins mom died, ....while she,was in the mental hospital, she told me that her and her mom survived and abusive relationship with her dad, I don't think it was a good time for her, so...Uhm the next morni-..ing" my voice broke, and went high, I almost burst out crying but held it in.

"The next morning, she was off with me , so I walked over to her, I was angry and said things I shouldn't off....like 'it's not my fault' and..'get over it' and 'it's childish', things broke out into a fight and she was dragged away...shouting get off me-......and that" my voice cracked again but this time I couldn't stop, I burst, tears shot out my eyes like darts "that was last thing I heard her say" I sobbed, crying, loudly, "I feel horrible"

"It's okay , it's okay" the officer said "is that all?" He said, I nodded yes, he then said the time and turned the recorder off,"thank you Sadie, wait in here until your taxi gets here and then the taxi will escort you back to the hospital", he spoke "okay" I said softly, wiping my eyes with my sleeves, he then left the room.

I'd say about 10 minutes later he walked back in, holding the door wide open.

"Your taxi is here" he said, I got up slowly my bones aching, I walked out, the dense outside air hit my lungs after what felt like forever, the smell of rain still lingered, I got into the taxi, not saying a word.

The taxi drove me to back to the hospital, when I got there a nurse was waiting at the door for me, I stepped out of the taxi, and closed the door, not moving my feet , the taxi drove away, I still stood still, staring up at the hospital that towered over me, the death trap, I couldn't face going in there, "Sadie! Come on!" The nurse said, she had a high sweet voice, I couldn't be mad she was just doing her job I guess, she walked me back to the area I'm at, on the way to my room I walked past roisins, the door wide open but yellow police tape stopped u from going in, I looked in briefly, the red stain on the floor, the sparse rope still hanging from where they had to cut it to get her down, I stopped, "NO,....OH GOD NO" I screamed, falling to my knees , in the same place now as I was in yesterday, staring up at where she was , "NO ROISIN WHYYYYY OH GOD WHYYYY" I screamed again, the nurse placed her hand on my shoulder, "it's okay Sadie, come on let me take you to your room, I stood up, the nurse slightly helped dragging me a little, " dinner time is soon" she said soft then closing the door, leaving me in my room.