chapter 8

To make up for his absence yesterday, when we were supposed to do something nice for the day, Jean woke me up with a cup of tea and a tender kiss

To make up for his absence yesterday, when we were supposed to do something nice for the day, Jean woke me up with a cup of tea and a tender kiss. That's how I knew he wasn't mad anymore, I decided not to bring it up. It's not like he would have much to say.

After I thanked him with a smile, I went downstairs to try and see how Sam was doing. Yet, he wasn't there, neither was Danny.

-They've gone out with Jake and Josh, some sort of LGBTQ+ charity event, they're playing there and Josh is doing an interview I think.- Amelia said from behind me.

-Oh okay.- I simply replied. Amelia gestured for me to sit down as she passed me and sat on the living room sofa, littered with Sam's blankets that he never puts away.

-So, I met Jean, I also heard an argument last night. What's going on?- Amelia asked, concerned.

-Ami I don't know what to do. Sam is literally in love with me. He has been since he met me at that party apparently. I thought he was just 'nice.' I thought that I could have a new friend but now I feel betrayed. He wasn't being nice for the sake of it, he wanted to win me over. I just feel so stupid.- I blurted quickly. Amelia stayed staring, she knew I had more to say.

I walked over to the living room door and closed it, so Jean didn't hear.

-But at the same time, sometimes I wish that Jean never existed. So I could sneak along the corridor with Sam. It feels like he just knows me, more that Jean ever will.- I said as I walked back over to the sofa.

-The main thing you shouldn't feel is stupid Lyla. It's obvious you're going to look to someone else to fulfill you, look at the way Jean treats you. You weren't even here an hour without him calling you and shouting about something.- Amelia sounded as if she had been waiting to say this for ages.

I put my head in my hands.

-Now I've upset Sam, he confronted me yesterday. I never told him about Jean Ami. I led him on and it wasn't fair on him.- I said, tears in my eyes.

Amelia reached her arm around me and rubbed my back, I held back my tears, there was a man upstairs waiting for me to get ready for a date.

-you know what you want, Lyla-

I wanted Sam.

I nodded and thanked Amelia, then I headed back upstairs to Jean, who was smoking on the balcony.

-What's the plan for today?- I asked.

-Well, we're in smelly London, we could go to a bar, a park, maybe a museum?- Jean replied, looking off into the distance.

-Museum.- I said nodding, then I walked back to my room to make a museum outfit.

-

The day I had with Jean was actually really nice. We went to eat lunch before the museum. Just some cafe we found near Regent street. It was a beautiful small cafe, rushing with quiet customers on their computers and ordering all day breakfast.