Chapter 5

TRAVIS' POV

Tay falls asleep in my lap and I hear the front door click open.

"Hey, is Taylor still here? She's not back home," I hear Ms. Swift calls upstairs.

"Yeah, she's in my room," I called back. Andrea comes upstairs and sees Tay in my lap and smiles. "We got some chick-fil-a for dinner, she did eat." I say running my fingers gently through Taylor's beautiful blonde hair. Andrea and I sit in silence for a minute before she speaks.

"You know she really loves you."
"I love her even more, I don't know what I would do without her," I say looking up at Andrea.

"She's so happy, you've really helped her get better," Andrea says. I nod.

"I'm glad, I just want her to be happy. I'll do anything to keep her happy," I say.

"Well Tay can stay here tonight. Just drive her to school tomorrow if she's feeling up to it. Otherwise she can stay home, that's fine too. Just let me know," Ms. Swift says. I nod and she leaves. I gently lay Taylor down in bed, careful to not wake her. I tuck her under the blankets and I lay next to her.

TAYLOR'S POV

I wake up in the middle of the night in a panic. I'm hot and sweaty and I'm crying. I'm still in Travis' room and I know my parents are going to freak out. Trav slowly wakes up and wraps his arms around me without question.

"What's wrong Taylor?" He whispers.

"I don't know, I don't feel well," I say in between tears. "I don't want Mom to get mad at me for staying with a guy."

"Your Mom came over and said it's okay. Do you feel nauseous sweetie?" Travis asks.

"I don't know a little. I feel like I'm going to pass out," I say crying into his arms.

"It's okay sweetie, let me go get you an ice pack," Trav whispers. He leaves me alone for a minute and I start to panic even worse. I can't breathe and I start to sob. Travis comes back in and he drops the ice pack and wraps his arms around me. "Hey, hey, hey, Tay, I'm right here. Shhh, it's okay, it'll all be okay."

"I can't breathe," I say shakily.

"Lay on my stomach, follow my breath," Travis says. He runs his fingers down my arm gently continuing to talk. "Breathe in, breathe out. Shhh. I'm right here sweetie. I love you so much. I'm never leaving." I start to calm down and Travis places the ice pack on my forehead.

"Sorry," I whisper after a few minutes of silence.

"For what sweetie?" Trav says gently. "It's a panic attack, you can't control it, and that's okay. I'm not leaving you."