FOURTEEN.

"I accept," Y/n said humorlessly, ignoring the delighted look on Holly's face, "I'll take the role of Cho Minho."

What had changed the mind of Y/n, exactly? Truth to be told, Y/n didn't know. He would have liked to link it to something more philosophical, something more abstract like perhaps a message from the gods, an elaborate revenge...but it was none of that.

That talk the day before had lifted something—a burden of Y/n's shoulders.

And perhaps it's a better way of letting go of my past, Y/n had reasoned to himself, a simpler way. If I can act like Cho Minho, with no strings attached, then I can...

"What's the change in mind?" Eumin teased, "you were so adamant on getting a minor role."

"Nothing in particular," Y/n smiled slightly, "I suppose it will be a good experience to act. When does the filming start, Holly?"

Holly brightened up, eagerness evident in her features. She motioned Xin Hui over, giving a pleased look.

"We have already started filming some minor bits," She explained, "we purposefully left out the scenes with Cho Minho inside in case you accepted. So now we can start!" She clapped her hands, "make-up and costuming first, and script—"

"I've already memorized the first few scenes," Y/n interrupted.

Xin Hui had gone over the lines painstakingly with him. Another thing for Y/n to be grateful for.

"He's angry here," Y/n murmured softly, "Cho Minho is angry."

"The others said he forgave them," Xin Hui flipped the pages, "so what makes you think that?"

"You said it before, didn't you? That Cho Minho was like me. Exactly like me. And...I suppose he's the type of person that doesn't get angry very often—or it would be better to say he shows his anger very subtly. I don't believe in people who don't get mad often." Y/n replied, with a rueful smile.

Like Xin Hui. Y/n had never seen him mad.

"Why is that?"

"They're either liars, or emotionless," Y/n glanced at Xin Hui, "there's no in between."

Y/n knew which category Xin Hui fell under.

"Great! Very professional," Holly praised, beaming, "all right then. Can the person in charge of Cho Minho's makeup take Y/n to the dressing room? We need to be quick. We can't afford to delay the project any further."

So I delayed the scene? Were they that eager to have me onboard?

"Ah, there's the photoshoot too," Eumin reminded Holly, "Hana and I have already done it. Park Hyung and Xin Hui have finished their individual ones too—now it only leaves Y/n, along with the one for both Xin Hui and Y/n. The editing team has been rushing for them. Perhaps it would be better to start on that first, no?"

"We'll start on that," Xin Hui cut into the conversation, "the photo shoot, I mean. It'll help Y/n get the feel of the whole scene. The dynamic between Cho Minho and Kim Taeyang." He turned to Y/n. "Is that alright with you?"

"Ah, yes." Y/n agreed easily, "that would be fine. I'm assuming I head for makeup now...

"I can't wait to see how that will turn out!" Eumin gushed excitedly, "the role really suits you. You'll be wearing a mask, a really cool wig, and—"

"Hush your fangirling." Holly laughed, "now, now. Y/n, the makeup room is to your left. It's quite obvious. You won't get lost, right? Do you need someone to accompany you?"