71-80

Chapter 71 Before the Holidays
In the end, Chen Jin and his third cousin did not go to the village chief's house for dinner. Instead, they made an appointment with Jiang Weijun and Huang Hao to go out for lunch at noon. They wanted to take some fruit to the village chief's house, but when they got there, they saw Chen Wenzhen coming home with a bruised face.

It was obvious that something had happened, but seeing that two young people, Chen Jin and Chen Yongfei, were at home, he was too embarrassed to speak.

Chen Jin glanced at the village chief and Chen Yongming, then tugged at the corner of his third cousin's clothes.

Chen Yongfei said, "My third sister and I have an appointment with other partners of the travel agency to discuss something. We are running out of time. Village chief, my third sister and I will come to your house another day."

Chen Guangman didn't even look at Chen Wenzhen, knowing that Chen Yongfei was just making excuses and the two young men were trying to save face for him, so he asked his eldest grandson Chen Yongming to see him off.

This wasn't a strange place, so there was no need for someone to see them off, but Chen Jin and Chen Yongfei both tacitly agreed not to refuse. When they went down the elevator with Chen Yongming, the cousins looked at each other, not knowing what to say.

Chen Jin wanted to join in the fun, but he also knew that not every event was worth joining. The village chief would definitely be angry again this time. Could it be that Chen Wenzhen was beaten by his sister-in-law's brothers? Because the village chief did not allow Chen Wenzhen to divorce and forced him to cut off his outside affairs...

When he got downstairs, Chen Yongming said goodbye to them, walked around downstairs for a while, and then went upstairs again.

His grandfather just wanted to get rid of him temporarily. He didn't need to ask why, he could guess who had beaten his father. Although it was a bit disrespectful to say so, he still thought it was a good beating.

Chen Jin followed his third cousin's car out of the house. As soon as he got in the car, he asked, "Third brother, do you think Chen Wenzhen was beaten by the brother of his woman?"

"Heh, he deserves to be beaten." Chen Yongfei said, "He seemed to be quite sensible before, but after he got rich, he became a little arrogant and liked to show off. Now he has lost his mind. He is useless to the village chief, and now the village chief relies on Yongming. But Yongming may not be able to take much. With Uncle Wenhao here, the village chief should hand over most of the things in the house to Uncle Wenhao."

"Although Yonghan from Uncle Wenhao's family is a girl, Uncle Wenhao raised her as a son. She is much smarter than Yongming, and her parents are not holding her back."

That's right. Yonghan is the only girl in Qiaodong Village who follows the male lineage. She has been raised by Uncle Wenhao since she was a child. He really treated her like a son. But this doesn't seem to have anything to do with who the village chief divides the family property to, right? Yonghan is a senior high school student this year. She has always wanted to learn from her father to become a policeman since she was a child, and she took the college entrance examination to enter the police academy.

Chen Yongfei continued, "I don't think the village chief cares about passing down the family fortune from son to daughter. He may be more concerned about not squandering the family fortune. Unless Yongming performs exceptionally well or has the ability to take charge of the family, the village chief won't trust Yongming's two terrible parents to hand over the family fortune to him."

It is said that bad parents will also affect their children's financial fortune.

We had lunch at a restaurant near Sifang Travel Agency. Huang Hao had gained experience eating here. He stayed behind and was now in charge of attracting customers, communicating with customers, and arranging itineraries.