02| 𝔰𝔢𝔠𝔯𝔢𝔱 𝔞𝔣𝔣𝔦𝔫𝔦𝔱𝔶

𝔴𝔦𝔫𝔱𝔢𝔯𝔣𝔢𝔩𝔩, 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔫𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔥

— THE GRAND ENTRANCE TO WINTERFELL WAS A SIGHT TO BEHOLD. As the Baratheon party arrived, the great gates of Winterfell opened to welcome them. The Stark banners fluttered in the cold wind, and the courtyard was filled with the sounds of bustling activity as the North prepared for the arrival of their esteemed guests.

Ned Stark, the Lord of Winterfell, stood at the forefront of the welcoming party with his children beside him. Robb, Sansa, Arya, Bran, and Rickon watched eagerly as the carriages rolled in, each member of the Stark family dressed in their finest Northern garb. Jon and Theon, remaining behind the Stark family, were kept at a distance by Lady Catelyn, who preferred them not be seen alongside the family in this formal reception.

As the Baratheon carriage came to a halt, King Robert was the first to emerge, riding proudly on his horse. Joffrey Baratheon followed soon after, dismounting with an air of confidence and arrogance. He cast a flirtatious glance at Sansa Stark, who, visibly pleased, shyly looked away, blushing. Robb Stark observed the interaction with a frown, his disapproval evident.

As King Robert dismounted from his horse, he approached Ned Stark. The assembled crowd bowed deeply, acknowledging the king's presence. Robert gestured for everyone to rise. "Your Grace," Ned greeted with a nod. Robert looked at Ned with a grin and said, "You've got fat." Ned raised an eyebrow, a smirk tugging at his lips. The two men erupted in laughter, embracing each other heartily. Robert then turned to Lady Catelyn, pulling her into a warm hug. "Cat," he said affectionately. "Your Grace," Catelyn responded with a smile. Robert ruffled Rickon's hair with a chuckle and then turned back to Ned.

"Nine years, Ned! Why haven't I seen you? Where the hell have you been?"

Ned responded with a wry smile, "Guarding the North for you, Your Grace. Winterfell is yours." Meanwhile, Queen Cersei descended from the carriage. Arya, catching sight of the queen, leaned toward Sansa and whispered, "Where's the Imp?" Sansa shot her a sharp look. "Will you shut up?" Robert turned his attention to the Stark children. "And who do we have here?" he asked, moving toward Robb. "You must be Robb," he said, shaking Robb's hand. Next, Robert approached Sansa. "My, you're a pretty one," he remarked, giving her a warm smile. He then moved to Arya. "And you, what's your name?"

"Arya," she replied.

Robert turned to Bran. "Show us your muscles," he encouraged. Bran flexed his arms, and Robert chuckled, "You'll be a soldier." Finally Jaime Lannister arrived, removing his helmet with a practiced air of grace. Arya, eyes wide with recognition, said, "That's Jaime Lannister, the Queen's twin brother." Sansa, annoyed, said, "Would you please shut up?" Finally, Queen Cersei approached the Stark family, her demeanor cool and distant. Ned, ever the courteous host, kissed her hand, saying, "My Queen." Catelyn followed suit, bowing slightly. "My Queen."

And at last, Valira stepped down from the carriage, her presence completing the grand entrance. Finally, Robert gestured toward Valira, who stood with an air of poised elegance. "And this," he said with a broad smile, "is my daughter, Valira. Valira, meet Lord Ned Stark and his family." Valira offered a graceful curtsy, her blue eyes meeting each member of the Stark family in turn. "It's a pleasure to meet you all," she said warmly, her voice carrying a note of sincerity.

As the formalities continued, Jon Snow could not help but steal glances at Valira. He was drawn to her warmth and presence, qualities that seemed to shine through despite the cold. Robb, too, found himself intrigued by her, but he kept his thoughts to himself, knowing the importance of the political alliances being formed. The Stark children, eager to make a good impression, greeted Valira with genuine interest. Sansa, with her usual grace, offered a warm welcome. Arya, ever curious, watched Valira with a keen interest, and Bran and Rickon, who have been eager to meet the new arrivals, looked up at her with wide eyes.

Theon Greyjoy, ever the opportunist, stood nearby, his gaze lingering a bit too long. With a smirk, he leaned toward Robb and Jon, whispering just loud enough for them to hear, "Looks like the princess is quite the sight, isn't she? I bet she could make any man forget his vows." Robb's face darkened with a flash of anger, and he shot Theon a sharp look.

"Keep your mouth shut, Theon,"

Jon, his own irritation barely contained, added, "This is not the time or place for your nonsense. Show some respect." Theon shrugged, but he fell silent, sensing the seriousness in both Robb's and Jon's tones.

As the initial greetings concluded, Robert turned back to Ned with a solemn expression. "Take me to your crypt. I want to pay my respects," he said. Queen Cersei, clearly irritated, interjected, "We've been riding for a month, my love. Surely the dead can wait." Robert's gaze remained firm. "Ned," he said, as if to emphasize the importance of the request. He then turned and began to direct towards the crypts, followed by Ned. Cersei's irritation was palpable, her frustration evident as she watched them leave. Valira, sensitive to the undercurrent of tension, noticed the Queen's displeasure.

At that moment, her gaze inadvertently met Jon Snow's. The brief eye contact sparked an unexpected flutter in her chest. Captivated by his rugged charm and earnest demeanor, she felt a sudden, inexplicable connection. The encounter left her both intrigued and entranced, her heart racing with the burgeoning stirrings of affection.

A/N:
Ahhhh I'm so excited! Here is the second chapter. And you all are in for another treat right after this one. I hope you like it and let me know what you think.
Love you all!