Chapter 9:

Sireena finished getting dressed in her room before her meet with Hidan. It was the first quality time they'd have had in over 4 years. Sireena didn't know what to make of it. She was nervous... What if this night didn't go as planed? What if she and Hidan never spoke again? No, she couldn't think that. She had to stay positive. She wondered what they needed to talk about though?there were some things Sireena just didn't want to talk about with Hidan anymore, which has never happened before. Sireena texted Inagami saying that she was going now and took one last glance in her mirror. She wore a dark velvet green dress with pleated skirt and wrap-top. There was a slight V-neck cut and a large bow in the side of her hip coming off of a sash. She wore plain black heels and little make-up. She wore her usual never take it off bracelets and charm bracelet and her mood choker. Her nails had been done into french tips, courtesy of her mother, and her hair curled to frame her face. Her red hair looked like a blazing fire in he'll, adding a mystical look to her outfit. Sireena sighed before grabbing a water-bottle and her iPod and headphones before leaving her house. She carefully made her way to the Kage mountain, humming to "If you knew" by Joel Faviere.

"They think you're crazy. They think your mad. They call you stupid, worthless. Tell you you're not worth it. And now you're walking back to place a hold. But you feel so alone.-"

Sireena took her headphones out when she got to the bar of the mountain. She had to be cautious. She may know the mountain like the back of her hand; but she's unarmed and defenseless. She could be attacked again. Sireena followed the makeshift path up the mountain until she saw Hidan halfway up, wearing a button-down and slacks... Waiting anxiously against a tree. As soon as he saw Sireena, he jogged over in his barefoot glory and gave a sorrow smile. Nomatter what he did; he still felt guilty for what he was about to do. He knew he was wrong. Hidan grabbed Sireena's hand as she smiled and carefully slipped her shoes off. "Hey..." she mumbled quietly. He rubbed the back of her palm before releasing it. Sireena frowned. She had a bad feeling in the put if her stomach when he did that. "Hey. Was your trip safe?" he asked, watching Sireena take a nervous sip of her water while they began walking the rest of the way to their spot... She nodded. "Yeah... I was pretty unshaken..." she mumbled. Hidan nodded. "Thats good..." he mumbled, trying not to cry as he felt his chest tighten with each step closer they took to the set-up. Sireena nodded. "So... How's it going with you and Egna? Haven't seen you in a month or so..." Sireena said. Hidan stopped walking and sighed, facing Sireena. "Sireena, i wamted to talk to tou about that tonight." he said. Sireena's heart stopped as he pulled a box out of his back pocket. Hidan couldn't tell her, not with the face she just made. "But I can't tell you. I have to show you... I want you in my life, Sireena; I truly do... I just want you to know that." he said, voice cracking. Sireena only nodded as he pulled her the last few steps to what he knew was the end of their friendship. Many of Hidan's friends and Sireena's coworkers were there, dressedup and waiting for the two. Hidan looked at Sireena, and smiled as a tear fell out of his eye. "I just want you to know that you look beautiful tonight... And I'm sorry for everything. Thank you for the best 20 years of my life." he said before gently placing his lips to Sireena's. She smiled as he pulled away; heart thumping. He sniffed and pulled her to the crowd. Sireena couldn't understand why he was so upset. She hoped that box was for her, but couldn't quiet wrap her head around why her stomach was screaming at her to run. Run away and not look back. Hidan let go of Sireena's hand and walked to the center of the crowd alone; for Sireena to realise that Egna was standing in the center of the crowd, waiting for Hidan. Sireena's world froze as he shared a kiss with Egna and smiled at her. Sireena couldn't breathe. They were standing in the spot Sireena and Hidan never let engine else into. It was there stop with their names engraved in a rock next to Hidan's foot.
"I wanted to thank everyone for coming out this lovely evening for this. Let me start off by saying I spent my entire life around women." Hidan began, earning laughter from the crowd. It wasn't funny to Sireena. It was crushing her. Her eyes watered as he played with the box in his hand. "The most important women would be my mother... My dear friend Nikimo, and old academy teacher. Mrs. Hale, Sireena Hale's mother, her daughter; Aliana Hale and my best friend herself, Sireena Hale who has taken time out to come in person for this." Hidan said. Everyone clapped for a second. Hidan held Egna's hand. "Tonight, I'm adding another important women in my life to the family." Hudan said. Sireena covered her mouth with her hands as she began to cry. She couldn't this was happening. Her world was over. And everyone knew that Hidan was going to do this, and didn't warn her.
Hidan got done on one knee and held the box out to Egna. "Egna, tonight is not only your birthday; but it is a night that I want to share with you... To remember for the rest of our lives. We have been together for 4 years now, and they have been some of the most special years in my life. I want you to be with me, and noone else... I love you, and I'm asking you to marry me." Hidan said. Sireena backed away slowly as Hidan opened the box to reveal a giant diamond ring, that Egna quickly snatched up. "YES!" She exclaimed, slipping the ring on her own finger. She gazed at it as Hudan stood, kissing her and causing everyone to suddenly break into applause. Sireena's mother and sister, Hidan's mother And Nikimo were standing silently outside the group. Sireena stomped up to them, tears flowing and hair literally catching fire. she couldn't see straight and her chest felt like her heart had exploded. "You knew?!" she cried. The women all looked at Sireena with wide, shocked eyes. "All of you knew, and didn't warn me?! How could you?!" Sireena cried. "Honey, we are s sorry. We thought if we told you, you wouldn't come! Please, let us explain!" Hudan's mother exclaimed. "No! You're right! If I has known, I wouldn't have come! I wouldn't want to see the only man I've ever loved propose to some bitch with a perfect life. I would have never sat back and destroyed myself as I watched her inch her claws into his still-beating heart and take it from me. I would have left. I wouldn't have stayed all these years had I known it would end like this!" Sireena cried before running off to cry. She ran all the way home, screaming and crying... She destroyed her entire room and smashed everything. It all reminded her of Hidan... It all killed her. She eventually sank in a corner, trying to catch her breath as she wondered how she was so stupid to think he could ever live damaged goods. She heard her Ipod go of, but ignored it. It was Hidan. His ringtone was their song... Which made Sireen's heart convulse.

Do you know what's worth fighting for? When it's not worth dying for. Does it take your breath away; and you feel yourself suffocating? Does the pain black out the light? And you look for a place to hide? Did someone make it hard inside? You're in ruins. 1... 21 guns. Lay down your arms, give up the fight. 1... 21 guns. Throw up your arms.... Into the sky. You and I."

Back on the mountain, Hidan tried not to think about what his mother and Jikimo had told him when he realised Sireena had left. "Its your fucking fault she's upset! We told you how much you ment to her; but you ignored us! And now, she's probably going to drink herself to death! Try fixing this problem, Hidab! That bitch better be worth more than your friendship with the girl who saved your ass from yourself!" Nikimo had said. He didn't want to think about that bow. He was already dying of guilt. And Egna had to prepare herself to be a wife...