Chapter 4

After Pond calmed Gemini down, he practically dragged him to the dining table, where they joined Phuwin and Fourth.
Gemini sat down reluctantly, his face still puffy and clearly sulking.

Fourth, tense and anxious, avoided looking directly at Gemini. He started eating quickly, hoping to escape the awkward atmosphere he knew he had caused.

Once the meal was over, Pond cleared his throat, sensing the tension. “I think it’s time we head out. You two need to talk.”

Fourth nodded, grateful for the exit strategy.
He walked Pond and Phuwin to the door, shutting it behind them. He then turned back to see Gemini leaning against the wall, his eyes glistening as if he was on the verge of tears again.

Fourth’s heart tightened with guilt and confusion. He approached Gemini slowly, his voice soft. “Phi Gem, what’s really going on? Am I the problem? Do I make you uncomfortable?”

Gemini’s breath hitched as he nervously responded, “You just kiss me and think it’s funny.”

Fourth frowned, trying to understand. “It’s just us joking around, right? What’s so serious about lips touching? Especially your lips and mine. Aren’t you used to it by now?”

Gemini’s eyes flared with emotion as he replied, “Used to it? You were my first kiss, Fourth! I’ve never kissed anyone before, how can I just get used to it?”

Fourth blinked in surprise. “Don’t be so mad about lips touching… it’s nothing.”

Gemini’s frustration boiled over. “Oh, it’s nothing? Really?”

Before Fourth could react, Gemini closed the distance between them, pressing his lips against Fourth’s. Fourth’s eyes widened in shock, this was something he hadn’t expected.
Gemini had never initiated a kiss before, let alone one so intense and deliberate. But here they were, their lips moving together in a slow, passionate kiss that sent electricity through Fourth’s veins.

Gemini kissed him with all the pent-up longing he’d hidden, savoring the moment where it was just the two of them.
No cameras, no fans, no expectations, just him and Fourth, locked in this intimate embrace.
It was everything Gemini had dreamed of, and as Fourth cupped his cheeks, deepening the kiss, it felt like time stood still.

But then, Pond’s words echoed in Gemini’s mind “What if he doesn’t feel the same?” Panic seized him, and he abruptly pulled away, both of them panting.

Fourth’s voice was soft, almost pleading. “Phi Gem, please…”

Gemini stepped back, trying to compose himself. “No, Fourth… I just wanted to prove something.”

Fourth’s brow furrowed. “What is it?”

Gemini looked away, his voice trembling. “Something you said, that lips touching is nothing.”

Fourth’s face hardened as he swallowed, feeling a sting of rejection.
He tried to hide his hurt by sulking, hoping Gemini would soothe him like he usually did.
But instead, Gemini echoed his earlier words, “Don’t be so mad about lips touching… it’s nothing serious.”

Something inside Fourth snapped. He grabbed his bag and stormed out of the condo, slamming the door behind him with enough force to make Gemini flinch.

Gemini stood there, stunned, the reality of what just happened sinking in.
“Why is he so mad when he said it’s nothing serious…?” he muttered to himself.
Frustrated and confused, he grabbed his phone and called Pond, telling him the entire incident. “Pond, do you think Fourth likes me too?”

Pond’s voice was cautious. “Why do you ask?”

“Because he wanted more,” Gemini said, excitement creeping into his voice.
“He kissed me back, Pond! Do you know how that felt? A thousand butterflies playing in my tummy!”

Pond sighed. “Then why didn’t you let him continue?”

Gemini hesitated. “I wanted to… I still yearn for it so bad. But I wanted him to say that he likes me.”

Pond’s tone was firm. “Gem, listen. With Fourth, I don’t want to get your hopes up too high. Don’t think too much about it, okay?”

Gemini sighed, his excitement dimming slightly. “Okay, fine. Whatever.”

But as he lay in bed, touching his still-tingling lips, he couldn’t help but smile, kicking and giggling like a love-struck teenager.

The next morning, P’Earn woke them up early for a fan meeting.
Gemini was buzzing with excitement at the thought of seeing Fourth again. But behind the stage, something felt off. Fourth sat quietly, not his usual playful self. He seemed distant, almost as if he was still sulking.

P’Earn noticed the tension and told them to hug it out before going on stage. Fourth complied, but his hug was half-hearted, his smile forced. Gemini tried to smile back, but worry gnawed at him.

Once on stage, the fans erupted into cheers and applause, the energy electric. Fourth, to everyone’s surprise, seemed the happiest, putting on a flawless performance.
Even P’Earn and Gemini were puzzled by his sudden change in mood.

They entertained the fans, playing games and answering questions. But when a fan asked if they stayed together, Fourth’s quick “no” caught Gemini off guard.

A fan then asked if Gemini had ever invited Fourth to his new condo. Gemini hesitated before replying, “No.”

The questions kept coming, some more personal than others. When a fan asked Gemini how he flirted with someone he liked, he answered, “I borrow their clothes and ask them to come to my condo to get it.”

Another fan turned to Fourth. “Are you taking notes, Khun Fourth?”

Fourth simply replied, “Khap.”

As they walked around the crowd, accepting gifts, a fan handed Fourth a rose. Without missing a beat, he passed it to Gemini, sending the fans into a frenzy of screams and cheers.

After the fan meet, P’Earn praised them for a smooth performance.
But Fourth, still brooding, excused himself and headed to the restroom. Gemini, concerned, followed him.

In the restroom, Gemini wrapped an arm around Fourth’s shoulders. “That was amazing, Nong Fourth. You did so well back there.”

Fourth shrugged off his arm slowly, his voice cold. “You too…”

Gemini frowned, sensing the distance. “Did I do something wrong?”

“No,” Fourth answered curtly.

“Then why are you mad at me?” Gemini asked, his voice soft, almost pleading.

“I’m not,” Fourth replied, his tone clipped.

Gemini’s frustration grew. “At the stage, I noticed you didn’t try to playfully attack my lips like usual. And now you’re talking to me like I’m forcing you to talk.”

Fourth turned to face him, his eyes dark and intense. “What is it that you want, Phi Gem? Why do you want us to argue when I’m just okay with everything? Fine. What do I need to do to prove that we’re okay?”

Gemini stuttered, feeling cornered. “I… I… you—”

Before he could finish, Fourth grabbed him and kissed him, silencing any protest.
The kiss was fierce and urgent, full of the frustration, longing, and confusion that had been brewing between them.
It was a kiss that demanded answers, one that left no room for doubt.