Chapter 5

The kiss lingered in Gemini’s mind, leaving him breathless, even though Fourth had pulled away abruptly. Fourth, flustered, stood in the doorway, avoiding Gemini’s gaze.

“Phi... I'm... so sorry,” Fourth stuttered, stepping back as if needing distance to regain control.

“Fourth, please... don't be sorry,” Gemini said softly, grabbing his hand before he could leave. His voice was tender but laced with confusion.

Fourth’s expression hardened. “I'll take my leave now.”

Gemini’s grip tightened. “Explain to me why you kissed me and then apologized. Explain to me why you want to walk away without talking things out.”

Fourth clenched his jaw, trying to maintain his cold composure. He couldn’t look at Gemini. “I'm always professional,” he said stiffly.

“Was the kiss professional huh? Answer me, Fourth, was it?” Gemini’s frustration bubbled up, his voice trembling with a mix of anger and longing.

“How about we make it simple?” Fourth replied, voice strained. “I kissed you first by accident. You kissed me back, and then, well... I did the same.”

Gemini’s eyes widened. “You’re joking, right? So the kiss meant nothing to you?”

Fourth didn’t answer. He couldn’t. Instead, he turned and walked out, leaving Gemini standing in the silence, heart pounding.

Gemini sighed heavily, collapsing onto the couch in frustration. He wanted answers, but Fourth had shut him out, as always.
Talking to Pond wasn’t an option, he and the others were busy preparing for their next event.
This burden, this heartache, felt like his alone to bear.

The next morning, they both arrived for an interview, neither prepared for the tension that awaited.
Gemini, unknowingly, had chosen a blue jacket, Fourth’s favorite color.
Fourth had opted for a red jacket, Gemini’s favorite.

When their eyes met, the tension was almost palpable.
Fourth’s usual professional mask faltered as his gaze darted away from Gemini’s, and a forced smile lingered on his lips.
Gemini’s heart raced, his nervousness rising with every glance Fourth avoided.

The interview began, a well-known journalist seated across from them.
“You two are known for your incredible on-screen chemistry,” the interviewer said with a smile, setting the stage.
“Fans are always wondering... how much of that chemistry is real? Is it all just acting?”

Fourth’s forced smile strained even more, while Gemini struggled to keep his composure.

Gemini shifted in his seat before responding. “Well, we... we have a great friendship. That’s the foundation of it.”

The interviewer’s eyes glimmered with curiosity. “Friendship, huh? But there have been... rumors, let’s say, about something more. Especially after that ‘accidental kiss’ on set. Care to comment?”

Gemini’s pulse quickened. He glanced at Fourth, but Fourth kept his eyes fixed on the floor. “It was just part of the scene,” Gemini began hesitantly. “Things like that... happen.”

“Really?” The interviewer leaned forward. “Because fans were convinced there was more to it than that.”

Gemini smiled nervously. “Fans tend to read into things... more than they should.”

Fourth shifted uncomfortably beside him, still avoiding eye contact. His voice was tight, almost mechanical. “We’re professionals,” he said, parroting the same line he always used to avoid emotional conversations.