Chapter 7

Y/N's P.O.V.

Sometimes we do not choose our words, for sure we are the one who are pronouncing them, but there are times when the words choose themselves and the person they want to be subjucted to, leaving us to become only a medium of the conversation. Per say, when I saw the forlorn and  lost look marring Taehyung's gentle contours, I couldn't help but ask if he really loved to work as much as he content to. He does not.

And you know the best thing you can do for a lost person?

Remind them that a destination exists.

To the one who believes they are tired of life, are you sure you need a break from it or is it a destination that your heart is longing for and you couldn't find it? 

Think wisely, time is yours when you really take the reign of your thoughts instead of letting them guide you.

So, I let Taehyung have his time. He needs it. We did not converse much after that, it seems like Taehyung needed time to compose himself and I respected that.

And that was the last time I saw Taehyung for next day came the flow of overwhelming file. Over the brief meeting I had with Jungkook, it seems like some articles regarding Kim corp. dealing with corrupt leaders surfaced, and given the new government project Taehyung was working on, the issue became a real headache. I would be lying if I am not worried. The project meant alot to him, and these false accusations have never helped anyone before.

Nevertheless, that was 4 days ago. After spending crazy hours in the office, everyone has managed to solve the situation- with Taehyung taking the largest share.

From what I have heard from the whispers of Legal Team, he apparently didn't leave his office till the situation was in control.

So much of giving him time to think.

Sighing,  I saved the latest edit. My eyes  move towards the digital clock perched up on table.

7 : 00

Another tired sigh leaves me, this marks the sixth day I will be late for dinner. Mrs. Shin is not very amiable regarding my new schedule, and so is my baby.

I am so taking atleast 2 days leave once this mess is completely solved and swiped cleaned.

"Hey, are you off to home?" My wandering mind pause, leaving me startled from the unexpected intrusion.

"Jungkook!" My lips curl down in a pout, his name slipping as a whine.

I am tired.

A groan leaves me when amusement flickers in eyes, pursed lips turning into a teasing smile.

"Seems like you are tired and in dire need of your home?"

"Dinner and my baby." I grumbles, switching off the mac and putting the files in the drawer. I can feel his stare, but I do no wish to ask what brings him here. For I am afraid he might have bought more work and I will definetly cry if that's the case.

"Won't you ask-"

"No." I cut him before he could utter work. My eyes squints into tired yet harsh glare when he laughs, his bunny teeth on full display. I slump back down on my chair, huffing and crossing my hands over my chest.

"I promise, the news is not that bad." My eyes remain squinted, I do not trust this man. He can be very persuasive when he wants to.

"Knowing that it is bad, is enough for me to withdraw. I am off, Mr. Jeon. Would you please let me take my leave?" I grits with a saccharine smile.