31. Chapter Thirty-one.

I woke up to the cold emptiness of the bed beside me. Dimitri wasn't there. I sighed as I sat up, glancing around the room. No sign of him. I tossed the blanket aside and padded to Demetrius' room, but the crib was empty.

Not thinking much of it, I grabbed a quick shower, letting the warm water wake me up fully. Once I was dressed, I headed out to find them. It didn't take long before I spotted them. Dimitri stood in the middle of the room, holding our baby, surrounded by a swarm of women.

A flicker of jealousy sparked within me as I watched them fawn over them. They couldn't take their eyes off my two men, and it didn't sit well with me. My eyes narrowed slightly as I approached, determined to break up this little fan club of theirs.

I crossed the room; my footsteps deliberate as I made my way toward them. Dimitri caught sight of me before I reached him, his lips curving into that smug smile I both loved and hated. He knew exactly what he was doing, standing there with our son, soaking up the attention.

"Enjoying the show?" I asked, my tone laced with teasing, though the jealousy simmered just beneath the surface.

Dimitri raised an eyebrow, giving me a slow once-over, his eyes gleaming with amusement. "Jealous, Rena?"

I scoffed lightly, folding my arms as I came to stand in front of him. "Maybe. You seem to be enjoying yourself a bit too much, don't you think?"

He chuckled, his deep voice rumbling in a way that made my irritation fade just a little. "What can I say? I can't help it if women gravitate toward us."

Us. The way he said it made the jealousy fade even further. His hand reached out, slipping around my waist, pulling me in close. The women's eyes lingered a moment longer before they finally dispersed, much to my satisfaction.

"Next time, maybe invite me to the party," I muttered, glancing down at our son, who babbled happily in his father's arms, oblivious to the little drama unfolding around him.

Dimitri leaned down, his lips brushing my ear as he whispered, "Don't worry, sweetheart. You're the only one I care to impress."

His words sent a warm shiver down my spine, and just like that, the jealousy melted away, replaced by the familiar heat that always ignited between us. I smirked up at him, feeling the spark of challenge in my eyes.

"I'll hold you to that," I murmured, fixing my fiancé thick dark hair, which was tossed around, making me wonder if those hood rats put their hands in my man's hair.

I let out a soft sigh, feeling a mix of amusement and annoyance. "You know, I'm getting a little too tired of this trip and how women seem to gawk at you everywhere we go." My voice was playful, but the truth lingered in my words. It was the same wherever we went—Dimitri always drew attention.

Dimitri's smirk widened, and without warning, he patted my butt, his hand lingering just a little too long. "Go back to our room, baby. I'll make it up to you." His tone was low, filled with promise, sending a pleasant shiver down my spine.

Satisfied with his response, I gave him a teasing smile and turned to leave, walking off in a flurry of energy, knowing I had something to look forward to later. My thoughts were already drifting to what awaited me when, out of nowhere, a tall, handsome man approached me.

He was striking—broad shoulders, perfectly styled dark hair, and a jawline so sharp it could cut glass. His eyes gleamed with confidence as he flashed a smile that could disarm anyone. "Excuse me," he said, his voice smooth, almost as if he'd rehearsed this introduction a hundred times. "I couldn't help but notice you."

His chiseled jawline and easy smile gave him an almost dangerous allure. He looked at me with an intensity that was hard to ignore, his posture relaxed but his gaze undeniably flirtatious.

I raised an eyebrow, intrigued. "Oh? And why's that?"

The man chuckled lightly, leaning in slightly as if sharing a secret. "You have a look, an energy. I run a talent agency, and I see potential. You've got a body built for the runway. Ever thought about modeling?"

His words made me laugh softly, feeling a flutter of flattery. He was bold, and I kind of liked the attention. "Modeling?"

"Absolutely," he said, reaching into his jacket and pulling out a sleek, embossed business card. "You'd be a perfect fit. Give me a call, and we'll talk."

But before I could even think about taking the card, Dimitri appeared behind me. The air around us shifted, heavy and dangerous. His hand slid around my waist, pulling me against him, his grip firm, possessive.

Without a word, Dimitri snatched the card from the man's hand. His cold eyes locked on the guy, and for a split second, slowly, deliberately, Dimitri crushed the card in his fist, the sound of paper crumpling filling the sudden silence.

The guy's bravado melted away, and he quickly backed off. "No offense. I didn't mean to—"

"Get lost," Dimitri calmly spoke, his voice like ice, every word a warning. The man didn't need to be told twice. He turned and disappeared; his swagger completely gone.

I looked up at Dimitri, biting back a grin. His jaw was tight, eyes still fixed on the man's retreat, the sharpness in his gaze slowly softened but his hand on my waist was possessive, grounding.

"Jealous?" I teased, leaning into him, knowing full well he wasn't amused while our son giggled happily.

He looked down at me, his possessive hold loosening just a little, and he sighed. "I only feel threatened when I think someone might actually stand a chance." His voice, though still deep, was gentler now, the aggression fading as his attention shifted fully to me.

I giggled, leaning into him, placing a hand on his chest. "There's no reason to feel threatened, Dimitri. I'm all yours. You know that."

His lips curved into a small, rare smile, and he stroked a thumb along my waist. "Maybe it's time we went home then. I've had enough of these gawking eyes."

I tilted my head, grinning playfully. "Oh, you're trying to leave now? Don't forget—you promised me something first."

His smile widened; the earlier tension completely gone as his eyes darkened with a different kind of intensity. "How could I forget?" he murmured, his hand drifting lower to the small of my back, guiding me toward our room.

With a shared glance, we headed inside, the door closing behind us, leaving the world—and everyone in it—outside.