𝓒𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝓣𝐖𝐎 ★ 𝓪𝐧𝐲 𝓺𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬

"That's all for this week's meeting any questions?"

Mikey asked bored as he looked around the room after another weekly debriefing, silently hoping the answer was no so he could be left in peace. "Great meeting adjourned-" But just as he was ready to dismiss the lot, Ran spoke up. "Actually, we have something we wanted to bring to your attention," The older Haitani said looking towards Sanzu and his brother who nodded, urging him to continue. Pulling a file from within his jacket, pushing the file toward the white-haired man, who looked at the folder with disinterest. 

"Adara Dimitriou, she's alive." The room was now silent, as they all looked to Mikey, analyzing his every movement, waiting for any hint of anger or emotion. But to their surprise, he hadn't even flinched, his face reminiscent of the calm before the storm—still, until it wasn't.

The woman's name was printed on the front in bold black lettering next to a classified marking, wordlessly flicking it open. The white-haired man was greeted with photos of a hauntingly familiar face. Adara had aged gracefully, it seemed. Her once-long blonde hair was now short stopping just below her shoulders, her once underweight and hollow physique had returned to a much healthier one. She was glowing, as if stepping out of the shade of Mikey allowed her to shine again. She looked so much happier.

Flicking through the photos that seemed to span over several years Mikey felt nothing. Not a pang of guilt or a sting of jealousy or remorse. Nothing, he felt empty. He had long since moved on from Adara, the love he once held for her had crumbled into dust. 

"How long have you known about this?" Akashi Takeomi asked noting how thick the file was, as it was unlikely they had acquired so much in such a short period. "A month," Rindo said, and the rest of the room looked at the trio as if they had grown second heads. Why would they withhold such information? They all wondered silently, hoping there was a good reason for them doing so. For their sake.

"And why were we not alerted to this sooner?" Mikey posed the question, the room was quiet hanging on the edge of a cliff waiting for one of the three to respond. "Because of this," Ran said sliding another file to the Bonten leader, who raised an eyebrow at the title of the folder. 'Ares Dimitriou, is he her new husband or -' Mikey stopped mid-thought, as it turned out he was wrong, oh so very wrong indeed.

Where he had expected to find images of some old fat unfortunate looking fucker, he instead was greeted with pictures of an innocent child who was nothing short of a miniature Adara clone. Pale blonde hair, even paler skin, and with eyes redder than any ruby he had ever seen. "She has a child," Mikey said, his tone was steady but internally he was anything but sure as to what he should make of this revelation.