2. Sleepwalking

POV ENGFA

"P'Fa, P'Chompu, and I are heading back to Singapore tomorrow, but I think we'll be back here again next month," Nudee said as our meeting with the board of the W-In modeling agency wrapped up.

The room had emptied out, leaving just me, Chompu, Nudee, and P'Faye. We stayed back, relaxing in the now-quiet meeting room.

"So, P'Fa, when are you planning to visit the Singapore office again? It's been ages since you've been there," Chompu asked, breaking the silence.

I tried to recall the last time I was at the W-In agency office in Singapore, but my mind drew a blank. It felt like a fog had settled over my memory. It must have been before Charlotte and I got married. Lately, my memory's been erratic-probably due to all the stress.

The fire at W-In TV a few weeks ago really shook me. The office caught fire due to an electrical short in one of the studios, and even though the building was insured, I still lost millions of baht. The whole incident rattled the investors too, and it even affected the stock prices.

The stress has been weighing on me heavily, and my migraines have become more frequent.

"P'Fa, hello?" Chompu waved her hand in front of my face, pulling me back to reality. P'Faye, who had been absorbed in her phone, also glanced up at me.

"Sorry, Chompu. What did you say?"

She smiled, though I could see the concern in her eyes. "I was asking when you plan to visit the Singapore office again, P'Fa. You seemed lost in thought."

Nudee chimed in with a playful smile, "P'Fa, you look exhausted. We should all head home, and you should go see P'Char. That'll help you unwind, right?"

I chuckled. "Yeah, I think you're right. I could really use some rest-and some time with Charlotte."

Nudee made an "Awww" gesture, while Chompu giggled and shook her head. "I'm so single."

A few minutes later, Chompu and Nudee said their goodbyes and left to take care of other things, leaving just me and P'Faye in the room. She stood up and moved closer to me, sitting down beside me.

"Fa, what's really going on?"

Her question took me by surprise. She looked at me with genuine concern, her eyes searching mine.

"What do you mean, phi? I'm fine," I replied, raising an eyebrow, though I could feel a hint of confusion about why she was so worried.

"You're not fine. You haven't been yourself lately. I've noticed you zoning out more and more. Just yesterday, at the opening of W-In Aesthetic in Ayutthaya, you were completely lost in thought."

I nodded slowly, trying to piece together her words. "Oh, that... Yeah, maybe I've been drinking too much wine. It's been giving me migraines and making it hard to focus."

She gave me a knowing look, clearly not fully convinced. I could tell she was worried. I smiled weakly, trying to reassure her, though I wasn't entirely sure myself-maybe it was just stress, or maybe I was pushing myself too hard. The gaps in my memory and the confusion I felt lately were starting to worry me too.

"Then cut back on the wine, okay?" she said softly, rubbing my back as she stood up. "Come on, let's go home."

I nodded, grabbed my bag, and followed her out of the room, feeling a mix of confusion and apprehension about the persistent fog in my memory.

___

I had just parked my car in the driveway when Charlotte burst out of the house, running straight into my arms. I had to steady us both to keep from toppling over, laughing as I leaned against the car.