10. Silent

POV CHARLOTTE

"Where have you been?"

I nearly jumped out of my skin. The lights were dim, but when I turned, there she was-my wife, P'Fa, sitting on a stool in the kitchen.

"Oh, P'Fa, baby, my beautiful wifey!" I said with a big smile.

I walked toward her, though slowly, because I was still trying to balance myself. She was already in her pajamas, looking absolutely adorable in her bear-patterned set. Ugh, so cute!

She stood up as she watched me nearly trip in my heels. Frustrated, I kicked them off, not caring where they landed.

"Ugh, these heels are killing me! I hate it!" I complained.

She raised an eyebrow. "They were fine earlier. You just hate them now because you're drunk. Obviously."

I huffed, putting my hands on my hips. "Why! Why are you-" I pointed dramatically at her chest, "Defending the heels? You're supposed to be on my side!"

She smirked. "Well, you're not exactly making it easy to take your side. Now tell me, why did you go out without telling me?"

I sighed and turned, walking away, frustration bubbling up inside me. I didn't want to answer her-why should I? She was the source of my stress lately, and now she had the nerve to ask where I'd been, even though she hadn't sent me a single message since our argument this morning. Freaking Engfa!

"Nuu! Where are you going?"

I kept walking toward the stairs-the luxurious spiral stairs that I now hated.

Why did we even choose these?

I was so fed up, I wanted to renovate them the next day. They were just making it harder to escape from P'Fa. As I reached the top, she caught up to me, standing a step below, forcing me to turn around and face her.

"What?" I snapped, looking directly into her eyes. She sighed.

"I'm asking, baby. Don't ignore me. Where have you been? Why didn't you tell me you were going out?" Her voice was soft, still holding onto my hand.

"Am I really required to tell you, Bee? Why should I? When my wife is the one making me stressed by hiding things this morning and then goes radio silent all day, not even trying to make up with me? Has she really forgotten our fight?"

Her face went pale, clearly shocked by my outburst. I didn't mean to be this harsh, but honestly, P'Fa had been pushing me to my limits.

P'Fa stood there for a few seconds, and I slowly pulled my hand away, turning my gaze elsewhere.

Another moment of silence filled the space between us on the stairs. God, I really hated these arguments.

"I'm sorry," she finally whispered, her voice barely audible, making me turn back to face her.

"Hmm." I muttered, still being the stubborn girl that I am.

"I'm sorry for making you stressed. I didn't mean to." She looked like she was about to break down, and it made me feel guilty. Damn it, it shouldn't have come to this!

I stepped down to her level. "Don't be sorry. I tend to get stressed about anything when it comes to our arguments."

She shook her head. "I didn't mean what I said this morning, about not wanting a kids with you. I'm sorry again... I hurt you."

That was what I'd been wanting to hear since this morning, but now that I actually heard it, it broke my heart even more. Her face looked so defeated, like she truly regretted everything. Even though she wasn't giving me a full explanation yet, I felt like this was a step forward-better than silence.