Tense

As the day wore on, the atmosphere in the house remained tense. I could sense the frustration and jealousy simmering beneath Aries' surface, but he kept his distance, retreating to his study before heading out for work. The air felt charged, and I tried to shake off the unease as I went about my day.

ARIES POV
I drove to the office, the city skyline growing larger as i approached Langford Enterprises. My thoughts were preoccupied with the events of the morning, particularly the growing friendship between Vivian and Josh. The professional facade he wore was almost imperceptible to the chaos brewing in my mind.

As i arrived at the office, my assistant greeted me with a stack of files and a tense look. "Mr. Rivera, there's been a situation. One of our warehouses was broken into this morning."

My' eyes narrowed. "What happened?"

"We don't know the full details yet, but the security footage shows a man fleeing the scene. The police are involved, but we need to take action quickly."

I didn't waste any time.I headed to the quarters, my mind already racing with strategies to handle the situation. The warehouse was a large, industrial space, its exterior showing signs of the break-in. I stepped inside, greeted by the sight of broken locks and scattered debris.

The police were already there, questioning employees and examining the area. But it wasn't the police who caught my eye; it was the man sitting in the corner, handcuffed and glaring defiantly.

The thief was strikingly handsome—tall, with dark, wavy hair and sharp features that seemed almost out of place given the situation. My eyes, though, were cold and defiant.

I approached him, my demeanor exuding authority. The thief's gaze met mine, and for a moment, there was an unspoken challenge between them.

"Mr. Rivera," the police officer said, stepping aside to let me through. "This is the suspect. We're waiting for the interrogation to begin."

I didn't acknowledge the officer further. Instead,  I focused on the thief. "You're going to tell me everything about this break-in," I said, my voice low and menacing. "And you're going to do it now."

The thief smirked, a sardonic grin playing at his lips. "Or what? You'll threaten me?"

I stepped closer, my expression hardening. "Consider this your one chance to cooperate. I'm not someone you want to cross, especially after what you've done."

The thief's smirk faltered slightly, a flicker of apprehension crossing his features. My reputation for ruthlessness was well-known, and the reality of facing it was starting to sink in.

"I can make things very difficult for you," I continued, his voice low and unyielding. "This isn't just about what happened here. This is about making sure it never happens again."

The thief's gaze dropped, the bravado fading as he realized the gravity of his situation. I knew how to wield his power, and in moments like these, it was clear that his reputation was more than just talk.

"I'll talk," the thief muttered, his voice low. "But you need to make sure I'm safe."

I nodded, satisfied. "You'll get what you need if you cooperate. Otherwise, you'll face consequences that you're not prepared for."

With that, I turned on his heel and walked away,my thoughts kept drifting back to the complexities of his personal life—particularly the growing bond between Vivian and Josh.

As i drove back to the office, I couldn't shake the feeling of irritation and unease. The balance he was trying to maintain. I was becoming increasingly difficult, the situation with Vivian and Josh was adding to the growing pressure I felt.