Chapter 1: The Race

Y/N wakes up in a warehouse and sees his headset.

Y/N (Narrating): My name is Y/N L/N. I was born in 2027. After the Corn Syrup Droughts, after the Bandwidth Riots. After people stopped trying to fix problems and just tried to outlive them. My parents were killed by IOI, so I live here in Columbus, Ohio, with my best friend, Samantha. In 2045, Columbus is the fastest-growing city on Earth. It's where Halliday and Morrow started Gregarious Games. These days, reality is a bummer. Everyone is looking for a way to escape, and that's why Halliday... That's why he was such a hero to everyone. He showed us that we could go somewhere without going anywhere at all. You don't need a destination when you're running on an omnidirectional treadmill with quadraphonic, pressure-sensitive underlay.

Y/N grabs his headset and puts it on.

Y/N (Narrating): James Halliday saw the future. And then he built it. He gave us a place to go. A place called the OASIS.

Y/N is then transported into the OASIS.

Y/N (Narrating): This is the OASIS. It's a place where the limits of reality are your own imagination. You can do anything, go anywhere. Like the vacation planet. Surf a 50-foot monster wave in Hawaii. You can ski down the pyramids. You can climb Mount Everest with Batman. There is one place I like, a casino the size of a planet. You can lose your money there. You can get married. You can get divorced. People come to the OASIS for all the things they can do, but they stay because of all the things they can be. Tall, beautiful, scary, a different sex, a different species, live-action, cartoon. It's all your call.

Y/N's Avatar, Red Hood enters the OASIS.

Y/N (Narrating): That's me my avatar, Red Hood, and it always will be. Except for eating, sleeping, and bathroom breaks, whatever people wanna do, they do it in the OASIS. And since everyone is here, this is where people meet each other. It's where people make friends.

Parzival walks past Red Hood and he brings up the Sector Map.

Parzival: Locate Aech.

Computer: Locating Aech. Aech located. Sector 12. Planet Doom.

Red Hood sees Parzival looking through Planet Doom.

Y/N (Narrating): That's Planet Doom, the number one most dangerous place in the OASIS, and a pretty great place to pick up coin. Only went there once, nearly died, but it was worth it as I had everything I needed.

Aech is on Planet Doom is running while he shoots his gun at a player and collect coins. Aech then jumps and shoots an Avatar of Freddy Krugger and then shoots another player and collected their coins. He rolls and shoots another incoming enemy from the sky as he turns and gets a triple kill. He then dodges a missile and takes out another player. He gets an incoming sign, turns and shoots another player.

Parzival: What's up, Aech?

Aech: Hey, what up, Z?

Parzival: Next race is in 20 minutes, and I can't do the late one. What the hell are you up to?

The player Aech eliminated dropped a Rail Gun which Aech picks up.

Aech: Man, gettin' my kills on, bro.

He zooms in on the Rail gun and sees Daito, who's a Samauri kicking two players away as Sho swings his swords.

Parzival: Is that Daito?

Aech: Daito and Sho.

Aech uses the Railgun to eliminates the two players as Daito and Sho both bow as a thank you.

Parzival: This an artifact hunt?

Aech: Yup. Gregarious 120.

Parzival: Turn into any giant robot for two minutes. That's rad.