Chapter 2 : Just project partners

Winner had spent the last few days waiting to his project partner to text him back so they could start the project , but Dean never replied more than sending a text which included parts of the project that he had done .

And since it meant they were almost done with it , Winner didn't think much of Dean being absent from school which he first thought was odd but Alan had him focusing on his projects while the teacher was busy .

No one really knew that Dean had not been to the school in awhile , well everyone expect the classmate Way who was in auto shop but also was part of the school cancel along with his best friend Babe .

Way hated politics even Winner knew that but they also knew he only joined it to be closer to his crush aka the school president Pete , "Winner , your his project partner , you should check in on him " Way repeated himself while trying to finish making a wooden house to give to someone .

"I've tried but he doesn't text back " Winner argued back , to Which Alan who was trying to finish his homework had shushed them which Way then glared at him .

"Go to his house then " Way just replied and Winner was about to reply when he saw Way suddenly tuck , he was about to ask why when he saw Pete walk in with Charlie a kid who just transfer to the school .

"Just find out where he lives and go " Way tried to hide but Pete grabbed his hand and dragged him out of there , Winner finished his homework and started walking down the hallway but thinking of what Way had said .

It didn't take long for him to figure out where Dean lived, but Winner hesitated going over there because did Dean even want him knowing where he lived ? But it was near the end of the day when he agreed that if Dean didn't come tomorrow he would go check in on him.

meanwhile Dean was just now getting out of bed and found himself looking out the door to see that he definitely didn't get any surprise visits while he was hiding in his room .

"Dean, tomorrow is our presentation- come and study "

"Dean I swear "

"You okay?"

"Whatever I'll see you tomorrow "

He sighed and thought of what to text Winner back but he knew he could not go to school at least till his bullies were gone , somehow they transferred to his school and found him a few days ago .

Should he tell Winner that he was not coming back to school? He was afraid to step in the building only for them to show him who was in charge .

"Winner, I'm not feeling okay , can you do it without me tomorrow?" He waited a few second before sending , he laid back down in the bed and closed his eyes till he heard a knock on the door a couple minutes later .

He ran to his closet and closed the door quietly , he didn't risk moving until he heard someone call his name . "Dean? It's Winner " He slowly walked down the front door to see his classmate standing in front , he didn't know how he knew where Dean was staying but the more important thing was why was he there .

"Winner, what are you doing here ?" He looked at his classmate who didn't seem to mind seeing Dean in pjs or his sleepwear , "you didn't come to class lately , I came to check on you ?" Was Winners reply and Dean nodded and opened the door a little more for him to come in the house .

"Did you come because you were worried or because you wanted to impress someone " Dean folded his arms and leaned against the door frame , he watched As Winner kept looking around the house and he tried to tell him just to go when he heard a loud bang on the door .

"DEAN!! Stop hiding! Pay now , or we will make the pain worse " the voices called out from the other side of the door .

He started to panic and grabbed Winner who didn't even hear the voices and he ran them upstairs , "I'm sorry winner , I can't let you get hurt like that" Dean closed the doors and Winner suddenly realized what was happening.

"Dean! What's going on? Why are you not coming to school?" Winner called out , but he stayed in the closet for a little bit when he didn't hear Dean come back something in him for worried .

That is when he made the walk downstairs to see Dean laying in front doorway, he was covered in blood and was unconscious.

"Dean- gosh, I - please be okay " He didn't know Dean this well but why were these people bullying a innocent quiet kid , He did his best to lift Dean and carry him to the car .

His date would have to wait .

"Way, get to the hospital- Deans hurt badly " Winner was yelling on the phone while driving them to the hospital, Hw heard Way say that he was dealing with Pete but would be there with Alan and that a few friends would track these bullies down and make them pay for that they done .

Winner didn't go to the bathroom to wash his hands because he needed to stay in front to the surgery room incase the doctor came out with news , he didn't even see Way walking up dragging Pete behind him .

"What happened?" Pete asked as they sat down next to him , but Winner sighed and shook his head .

"I don't know , I went to see why he hadn't come to school , the next thing I know he's pushed me into a closet and shut the door and then I went down minutes later and he was like that -" Winner couldn't even finish his sentence and Pete patted his back and looked over at Way with sadness in his eyes .

The next couple hours had everyone on edge , no on but Winner knew the bullies names and he gladly gave it to the cops who came. Winner wondered if he had tried to been closer to his project partner and became his friend that maybe Dean would have come and not been hurt this bad .

"It's not your fault , he will be okay but I don't think he should stay there anymore " Pete spoke as if he could read what Winner was thinking .

"Friends of Dean?" The doctor walked out of the survey room and Winner stood up , "surgery was successful, we won't know anything more until he wakes up but he will be glad that you were there " Dr John nodded and walked away .

"See he's okay , I'll go the school and let them know and let the gang know too so they can keep a eye on the bullies for the cops " Alan suddenly said and they all forgot he was there .

"Why was I so worried.. Dean what are you " Winner whispered, he was glad to see that he would survive and that their project was good but was most important was making sure this never happened to him again.

Winner was always the type to flirt with whoever but something about Dean made him want to stop , but Dean was just his friend now and Winner was going to protect him .