Chapter 6: Deju Vu

"Sometimes bad things only happen in dreams , but sometimes life will make it happen outside of those dreams "

-

The rest of the gang had gone home for some rest expect for Dean who was sleeping in Way's hospital room , along side Pete who was hurt like Way but he woke up a few days after the accident.

Winner had gone home temporarily to get some food for Dean and Pete , but also brought some things for the couple from their own home and now was back at the hospital .

He watched Pete laid asleep but was on his side facing Way who was still in a coma , he couldn't imagine seeing your love hurt and you can't do anything about it .

"Hey , Dean you need to eat something okay?" Winner whispered as he sat down next to him , he watched Dean sleepily nod and sit up next to him only for him to lay his head down on his shoulder .

"Winner " Dean finally whispered , but he did it without opening his own eyes .

"Yes?" He asked softly as not to wake him or Pete .

"Why isn't Way waking up? Shouldn't he wake up ? He is not going to die right ?" Dean asked while trying hard to keep his emotions in, but Winner wrapped his arm around him and rubbed his shoulder as the night was going by them .

"No. Way is strong , he just needs to sleep a little more okay?" Winner said as an encouragement, but he even didn't know why Pete had woken up but not Way. it was no one's fault but the guy who hit them , but he just held him close and went to asleep himself after they both had something to eat .

Pete was the first one to wake up and see Winner and Dean sleeping next to each other , he smiled at the sight but then he looked over to see Way still hooked up to the machine not even breathing on his own .

"Pete, hey " The rest of the gang which was Alan and Charlie with Babe and Jeff walking behind them, they accident spoke a little too loud which woke up Dean who rubbed his eyes at the sound of the noise .

"You guys can go home , you don't need to stay here all day " Alan told Winner who nodded , Dean had been sleeping in the room since the accident a few days ago and the others needed to eventually go back to school.

Some of them did as Alan asked them too but Dean just stayed at Winner's house , he was scared to go back to Pete's house because of how empty it felt .

But he wasn't ready to go to school when his best friend wouldn't be there , Winner agreed and stayed home with him for two days until he had to go to school but thankfully Charlie came over and was with him since his classes were done .

"Charlie, is it my fault for what happened to them ?" Dean suddenly asked , as Charlie was trying his hardest not to burn the food for the 4th time in a row .

He pulled the food off the stove and turned to face Dean who was looking down at the floor , Charlie sat down next to him and tapped his shoulder.

"The first response is to blame yourself Dean but don't because -"

"Because what?" Dean looked up at him and felt tears roll down his face , Charlie knew Dean would blame himself every day till Way woke up if he woke up .

"Because you were not driving ,someone else was actually Babe found out it was Tony okay?" Charlie finally spilled the truth ,he still could not believe that Pete's only father would kill his son and his son's boyfriend just because he was dating guy .

But it was Tony.

"What if he doesn't -" Dena started when Charlie suddenly stood up , he tilted his head and looked at him with confusion but at least he was not crying anymore .

"Stop that . You didn't crash the car , Pete is okay and Way will be too " Charlie reassured him as he went over to the stove , he really hoped Way would wake up soon it was the only way all of them could move forward.

"So I see you been spending a lot of time with Winner lately " Charlie suggested as a way to change the subject , just like magic the door opened and Babe walked in with Winner and they were laughing about something .

But then he heard someone ... someone like Babe calling his name from a distance , which didn't make sense because he was right next to him unless it was a-

{2 years ago }

"Winner..Winner!" Babe's voice was loud it made Winner sit straight up , he looked around to see he was in the school grounds but this was years ago- he looked around to see Way was sitting across from him .

"Dude , you suddenly passed out during class, you scared me " Way suddenly said but Winner didn't care because his friend was not in a coma .

But that is when it hit him because this was a few days before Dean transferred to his college , this was a chance for him to tell him sooner and make sure what happened in his dream didn't happen .

He quickly got up and hugged away who was in shock and Babe stood there , but he didn't waste any time and ran to the main office and did not even care how much he was panting because his focus was on finding someone .

He heard the footsteps .

"Dean" Winner said with a gasp and looked to see Dean walk in and he looked sad but also he was avoiding any contact with anyone , he ran up to him and grabbed his arm which made Dean suddenly look up at him.

"Win-" he stated as he was trying to get out of his task but Winner looked at him , "I want to do something I should have done earlier but took me forever to figure it out ." Dean who was confused because he had not seen him in years but nodded .

So Winner did it .

He kissed Dean and wrapped his arms around his waist , till Dean suddenly pulled away and slapped his cheek .

"You can't just kiss me! You can't play with my feelings like that Winner" Dean started and didn't even take a second to look back at him a

He felt his heart started to jump so he quickly started to walk away when Winner grabbed his hand and pulled him close to him.