Chapter 3: Summertime sadness

It had been 3 months since the incident at Dean's house and he was leaving the hospital, but he couldn't go back to this place without having nightmares. He ended up staying at the school class president's house , Pete was nice and gave him the spare room for which he was thankful for .

He didn't deserve having all of them being nice to him , he didn't deserve Pete letting him stay with him or Alan and Way tracking down his bullies and keeping them away from him .

Or Charlie and Babe hanging out with him more and making sure he didn't eat alone , He part of a group but Dean hated the way he was feeling because he didn't believe it was a good idea .

But the one thing he liked was seeing how Winner was worried about him , how he spent every morning checking as soon as he walked in the doors of the school with Pete .

That was the plan for the gang to protect Dean until the bullies were caught or at least until Things got better .

Was he friends with Winner finally? Or was he finally showing interest in him?.

"Dean, it's time to go " Pete called up from downstairs , Dean stopped being in his thoughts and was making his big return to class after being in the hospital for a bit .

"I-coming " Dean slowly made his way down and could not help but see Way was there , but he wondered why as Way and Pete would just classmates but maybe Way was there to help him out since Pete had a meeting with the school already .

"Way- don't " Pete glared at Way before driving the 3 of them to school , Dean was silent on the way as he kept thinking this was a dream and he never woke up at the hospital .

"Dean? " he felt chills on the back of his neck and froze , Way seen him tense up quickly texted Winner and Alan to come and turned to face who it was .

"Parth, what do you want ?" Way stood in front of Dean who was shaking uncontrollable, Parth sighed and looked like he was trying to do something he wasn't use too .

"I'm going to the police this afternoon, Eunwoo was wrong to do that . We just wanted to scare him that's all but Eunwoo was the one who put you in the hospital and we never wanted to kill someone " Parth sighed and walked away , Way didn't believe his apology but nodded for Winner to come and take Dean somewhere to calm him down .

"I'll go with Jeff to the police station to make sure Parth is keeping up his word, and that the police will take him , Parth , Ronaldo and Messi to prison for what they did to Dean " Alan spoke and heads off in a different direction, Meanwhile Winner grabbed Dean's hand and started to walk to the band music room .

"Dean , it's okay , it's going to be over " Winner whispered and sat down next to Dean, who was still shaking from this encounter . He would have made that bully pay for hurting him all this time , but Alan was assuring them they were not getting away with anything .

Dean laid his head on Winner's shoulder and he just wrapped his arm around him , "it's okay just rest , if you want I'll call for Way to take you home , my brother " Winner whispered the last words but Dean just noddded as he heard it .

Winner didn't like him at least not the way he did, Dean needed a break from this school after the incident and this was the final straw on when he did it .

"Winner , I need to go " Dean whispered and even though he was still shaking, he let go of Winner's hand and walked outside of the music room letting go of any hope he had for him and Winner.

Winner didn't understand what was happening but believed he would see Dean around , but his face dropped when he heard the news that Dean has transferred to a different school.

[2 years later ]

Things were quiet as the gang was getting ready for college , some still were single like Jeff who was flirting with Alan who was clueless on what he was doing but still hanged out with him .

Or Way who was still in a relationship with Pete except this time he lived with him , Winner had not flirted with a girl or guy since well 2 years ago .

He was missing someone but he didn't know who or why , Winner watched as his friends were in relationships or were happy and he kept thinking of someone .

Dean

"Winner, it's time to go to class " Way sat down next to him , which pulled him out of his thoughts and he looked over at his friend .

"Apparently there's a new student in this class , I'm going to laugh if it's Pete..again" Winner laughed but walked into the classroom and sat down in his area , Way pouted and was ready to slap Winner till Pete walked in to give sometime to the class before walking out .

"Students , we have a transfer here so please welcome Dean to the class " The teacher called out , Way and Winner who were fighting with each other suddenly looked up to see a familiar face walk into the classroom and Winner could not help but smile .

But Dean walked right past him and sat down behind Way and Charlie who was so quiet that no one knew he was in the class , "Dean? Why didn't you tell us ? We missed you " Charlie patted his back and Dean smiled at him .

Winner was confused though, they were friends so why did Dean ignore him?.

"Dean!"

Winner watched as Dean hugged and talked to everyone in the gang from Babe to Sonic , but when it came to him Dean just nodded and refused to talk to him .

"Your staying right ?" Winner asked but Dean payed little attention , he looked over at Winner and nodded before heading out of the school with Pete and Way.

"I don't like it " Winner mumbled but walked back to his apartment, so what if Dean ingored him after not seeing each other for two years but why did it hurt him to feel this.