Moon and Flower

*Check out "New Moon" if you haven't already for more context/content!!

"Dandicus." He flinches at his name, turning around with a soured look.

"...Why are you calling me by my full name?" Speaking, I can see his teeth are sharp. The stress in his eyes, the way he grapples at his petals. Why did I call him by his full name?

Again, he flinches from my hands as I approach him. His petals flaring in defense. They begin to wilt and soften as my hands brush against him. "For once, I can say this... isn't your fault."

"Tch- Thanks, I guess." Dandy scoffs. He's drawn to me, my touch. Calming him down and pulling him into a hug. I caress one of his petals. I look down at him, unable to see his face. He hics.

I take the moment to apologize, "I'm sorry I yelled at you..."

He slams his fists into my chest, muffled. "YOU'RE ALWAYS SORRY!" Followed by his sobs. Bleeding into my shirt as he grips me.

"I, I know.. I know," There's never a balance between us. I'm always doing too much, but not enough. Overcompensating when I usually have better control over myself.

The things you do to me, Dandy.

One moment, we're tearing each other apart. The next, we're like this. Inseparable. I don't want to let him go as much as he doesn't want to leave me. I can feel it. He can feel me. In each other's eyes. Our lips connecting, my hands foddling his suspenders. I'm really.. sorry, Dandy. But you've got me so worried after *him* from a few months ago.

We break away from our embrace, and I return inside my blanket.

"Why does everyone have to blame everything on me?!" There's a pause as he knows the answer I'm hesitant to say, "Don't. I get it, but- just- WHY?? I don't-" He places his hands on his head, pacing. Throwing them to the ground, "Do I look ANYWHERE near five feet? Human?? A handler??? Yes, I'm Dandy. The Main Lead! The Captain! Ground Zero! But I- I don't always know what I'm doing! I don't have all the answers! I'm just doing what I'm told..."

One thing for certain: he talks much more now. I actually have a reason to listen.

"I'm just... I just, I'm supposed to keep everyone under control," He laughs nervously, his hands up. I can't see his face anymore. "As long as everyone's under control, they'll... figure something out."

They fall to his sides. I approach, "I don't know what to tell you this time -Dandy. ...Let's just call it a day, yeah?" My arms befall him once more, "You seem tired. You- ARE... tired."

"Very..." He grumbles, puffing his petals. "Give me good dreams, okay!?"

I laugh, "Yes."

"And lots of kisses, too!!" He pouts, looking up at me. I guess he deserves it. I owe him anyway.