Stinger/Hammie (Kyuranger): The Past We've Lost

I want to settle my mind to the past that we lost, and I want to take it back no matter the cost... ~ Florence Joyce

xxxxxx

"You're here at the planetarium again, Hammie? This is the fourth time for this week. Aren't you even bored at all?"

But the girl named Hammie just smiled cheekily and even showed a peace sign to the one who said it, which was her friend Lucky. And just as her friend had stated, it was indeed the fourth time for that week that she decided to head to the planetarium in town.

For some reason, there was something in that place that was urging her to go back. And for the fourth time that week, she was trying her best to figure out what was it. Sadly, she was yet to discover the answer to that.

"I can't believe you'd skip our last class just for this," Lucky grumbled even more that only made Hammie sigh exasperatingly before rashly facing him.

Of course, with that-including the fact that Hammie's intense stare could truly scare anyone, had only shut Lucky up for a while. But that intense stare slowly softened before noticing that, once again, she had stopped in front of a displayed poster of a certain constellation. When Hammie finally realized that, she looked at it with such longing eyes that she didn't know where could that kind of longing had possibly originated.

"Hammie, are you okay?" Lucky asked, now surely done out of concern.

It took a while for Hammie to even say something about that. She just remained staring at the poster of the Scorpius constellation. That part of the hallway mostly featured the 88 constellations and for the past weeks, she'd done nothing but to stare at it each time she would go to that planetarium.

"I wonder why... I keep doing this..." Hammie muttered in a wistful tone that she wouldn't understand where it could've come from.

Lucky approached her and tapped her head before rufflling her hair. If she were in her usual hyperactive self, she would've thrown a fit about that. But today was different. The gesture seemed to have calmed her down for some reason, and she was grateful for that.

"You know, this could really mean something to you/," Lucky said soon after that broke the silence between them.

That was when Hammie faced her friend with a frown as soon as his words registered in her mind. "What do you mean?"

"Maybe this constellation has something to do with your past life."

Hammie frowned upon hearing that. "My... past life?"

Lucky nodded and faced the poster that Hammie was looking at. "Well, this was just an assumption. But there's that possibility, you know."

I've never thought about that. Hammie gave Lucky's words a careful thought. As he said, it was possible. But what kind of past life could she possibly have which has a relation to that particular constellation?

"Anyway, it was just one possibility. There could be other hidden reasons for you to do this."

But Hammie remained silent as she stared once more at the poster. If one would ask her, she could keep up doing this all day. And yet at the end of all that, she was sure no answer would come to her.

In order not to bore her friend any longer than necessary, the girl decided to just tour the planetarium and take her off about other things. Perhaps it would've been the best idea for her to do the thinking all alone and without interferences named Lucky. Thankfully, Lucky stopped grumbling beside her after that. In fact, they were able to enjoy the tour they did together.

It was nearly closing time when Hammie and Lucky decided to leave the place. However, her friend suddenly ended up leaving her to go home all alone because of a call from one of his friends about some trouble. She didn't dare ask about it despite her curiosity. Besides, she was sure Lucky would mention it to her tomorrow. There wasn't anything that the guy hadn't mentioned to her concerning his troubles ever since they became friends.