Chapter 4 [Innovators]

In short this chapter is basically Sans being a hobo
============

Sans was out scrapping away at the beach, this action became almost a little habit to Sans. It is obviously a pretty toxic environment, but he didn't really care about that. It won't harm him anyways, unless these pile of garbages suddenly decides to take a dive and fall on top him.

The items here are often waterlogged already, a lot of the technical stuff are broken and most likely can't be repaired, but that doesn't mean Sans can take it apart and utterly revamp it to a new item altogether. The most annoying thing about this was the rust these items accumulates.

Literally, he's surprised he hasn't even gotten any tetanus yet. Although that's if it's actually possible for him

Staring at the littered junks overly abundant in the place, Sans grumbles as he looks to the sky slightly squinting his eyes at it because of the unfavorable brightness it gives off.

He looks to the side only to see a homeless person stealing food without notice. Sans sighs to himself and mutters 'not my problem' as he looked back towards the dump

It's funny how corrupt society is yet it keeps pointing to the poorest of the poor as if they had a choice.
The living conditions subjected to them is already horrendous enough and it forces them to do unsavory things. Then the society will point a finger and blame them because of it.

Everything is basically shit. The system fails everyone. The saddest part of it, that it is actually doing what it's supposed to do. In a capitalist society, nothing can flourish unless there is a minority. A minority that is treated like literal trash, a minority in just about anything; status, race, skills, disabilities social class and so much more. (ah shit author is projecting again...)

Sans continues to pick out usable items from the dump. Or what he at least thinks is usable.

He was building something pretty interesting, it was something he would definitely quite need. In short it was an electrical jumper.

Out of the corner of his eye socket Sans sees a blur of pink, there's another person here? That's new.

Immediately there was a presence behind him. Sans silently sighs to himself and shut his eyes close, begrudgingly turning around, is this person going to scold him for being in this very much haphazardous location? Eh, who cares. They should just get on with their day

"Oh! Hello there hoodie guy!" a very much high-pitched over-energetic voice greets him. Sans shot a questioning glance, not really minding the already thrown nickname at him as he reaches in his pockets to grab a whoopie cushion

"Ooo! What's this are you making a baby?! What it's for?" The pink-haired girl says as she darts to the contraption Sans put together earlier, it was just a electrical jumper although he doesn't even know if it works or not.

He's even more confused about the 'baby' part. Is she referring to the jumper?

Sans stares and then he decided to actually do something. It's getting pretty awkward anyways.

"Don't you know how to greet a new pal?" Sans says while extending his arm out for the girl.

"Right! Right! My name is Mei Hatsume. Call me Mei, nice to meet you!" Hatsume says as she grabs Sans's gloved hand with both of hers and aggressively shakes it.

A 'Pffffffpft!!!' sound came out from inside the glove

"Ooh! A whoopee cushion" Mei says energetically as she kept on a smile being absolutely unbothered by the whoopee cushion she just let out a small chuckle and went to the electrical jumper inspecting it a bit. Does she not know these things are actually illegal? Or does she just not care?