Rightful Hands

The elderly dwarf throws himself at my slender body, gripping my leather vest as he hugs me.

"Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I can't believe you managed to retrieve it! This heirloom has been in my family for generations!"

Taken aback by his fiery jubilation, I find myself twisting and turning as he embraces me. Being so much shorter than me, the dwarf wasn't gripping at my vest at all, but rather the cloth around my bum, pushing my cheeks upwards like a tight breastband.

I put my shaky hand on his shoulder. "Haha..! Oh please don't mention it! It was the least I could do!" I sputtered hoping he would let go.

"Haha yes! You are indeed a capable woman, Se'curieu! I knew I could trust you!" he laughed as he continued bouncing my behind, my face visibly reddening as the commotion continued.

Finally letting go of me, he turned away as my body slumped and my head started to cool down. There might've just been some steam that shot out of me right there. 

He looks back at me. "This is surely a cause for celebration! Don't you think, young Se'curieu?"

"Yeah yeah, haha-" I stuttered, "You should join the other townsfolk down at the square. They would probably jive with you more than me right now, heh... And again, it's Ari."

"Oh yes! But of course, young Ari. You must have important errands to run. I shouldn't hold you."

I sigh of relief seep its way out of me as I hear him getting on with it. I'm all for helping people but these old codgers always get too riled up with excitement when a stroke of luck like me comes along. Thankfully, what he wanted wasn't all that difficult to retrieve.

The elderly dwarf tenderly hangs up the heirloom on the wall over his desk. It's a gilded wedding crown, made with a brittle alloy. I assume he made it himself, judging from the dusty old anvil sitting outside on his porch. Things like that are valuable here in the city, but the day someone walks off with one of those is the same day I settle back down and get a regular job again.

He swiftly picks up something from a drawer under his desk and turns to me. "I am forever in your debt, young Ari. I wish I could give you more but this is all I have left to my name." 

He grabs my hands and puts a bracelet in it.

"It's an old piece of jewelry blessed with the wonders of magic. It used to belong to my wife before she passed. I hope it's put to better use in your hands," he solemnly explains.

Figuring this was an important gesture of his, I grip the bracelet and put it on my wrist.

"Thank you, I won't let it gather dust," I answer him.

(Ah sweet! Enchanted gear!)

"Blessings to you Ari Se'curieu. May your travels bring you great fortunes," he thanks and bows.

"Until next time, old codger," I think, waving to him and shutting the door behind me as I leave the home.

The hefty thud of the wooden door reverberates through the house and I feel as though relief wells over me.

"Oh well, off to the next venture!" I exclaim and turn around, my nose suddenly poking the shiny surface of someone's plate armor. Looking up, I'm greeted by the wicked display of a grinning knight peering down at me through his visor.

"Found you..!" he beamed.

"Uh-oh..."