Chapter 17 - Squidward | SpongeBob

- July 3rd, 2019

   As soon as Squidward finished his shift, he set his magazine down and looked back and forth, making sure Mr. Krabs wasn't going to make him work an extra hour like last time. As he took his first step outside his post however, SpongeBob leaped up from out of his window and jumped up and down excitedly in front of Squidward.

   "Hey Squidward! Did you finally want to-"

   "No! Now shut up before-"

   Mr. Krabs emerged from his office with coins filling his pockets and a big, greedy grin on his face.

   "Mr. Squidward! Before ya go, I got a special request for you and SpongeBob!"

   "Oh Mr. Krabs, can you please just let us go? Our shifts ended already!"

   "Quit yer whinin'! Now- you and SpongeBob gotta go on a captain's adventure!"

   SpongeBob's excited jumping only increased at the surprise task.

   "Oh boy, really?!"

   "Yep! In fact, you get to sail the seas, through treacherous waters in search of..."

   "Oh boy, here it comes!"

   Someone get me out of this... 

   "Me missin' dollar bill! And not just that! If ya manage to find the amusement park on the other side of the lagoon, ya get to advertise me business!"

   Squidward's jaw dropped into a frown, SpongeBob's in pure giddiness.

   "No, no, no! Absolutely not! You want us to find one dollar?! In the lagoon?? That's not even legal! You can't sail a boat in a public lake without a permit!"

   "Not just any dollar me boy! The dollar I lost, specifically. But don't worry! I always leave a mark on me cash. Just be lookin' for a black dot on the fish's monocle... whatever his name was. And for second, you'll figure it out. I did! That lifeguard couldn't catch me beautiful ship if he tried. And he did!"

   SpongeBob raised his hand to his forehead in a salute.

   "I won't let you down sir! I promise, me and Squidward will search far and wide-"

   "Great! Get to it, and hurry! Money don't make itself y'know."

   Mr. Krabs shoved the two of them out of the restaurant and shut the doors on them, waving them off, as if they were just a casualty.

   Terrific! I'm stuck with SpongeBob on a boat I have to find, and probably buy,  just to find one-