Chapter 26 - Squidward | SpongeBob, Eugene | Sheldon & Karen | Sandy

The push back was next. The boos coming from the crowd echoed through his ears and back around to the now empty seats, the stage covered with crushed tomatoes and a few very heavy objects. With everyone now leaving, the only ones he could still see sitting before him were his closest friends, all adorning disappointment. Squilliam's last attempt had failed. The one shot he had at making them leave Bikini Bottom and stay where he resided. He didn't bother trying to stop them. So, he would make them stay. No one would ever see their faces again except for him. Just as soon as they took a few steps towards him, ready to intervene with his habit of performing pathetic attempts at so obviously gaining their approval, they were pushed from behind and into the depths of the orchestra pit by one of his security guards.

   If they can't appreciate my clear genius, they'll learn to. In the meantime, I have to get someone to clean this filthy stage! 

   Though Squilliam was feeling way too bad for himself, Karen and Sandy were feeling all the more sympathetic towards Squidward for once in their entire lives. As soon as he did the unthinkable, Karen made sure she'd captured the event from start to finish on her built-in webcam. Though her capabilities were of being able to save the last few minutes at least, the look on Squidward's face was completely unreadable despite Karen being the only one able to see it. However, SpongeBob's reaction was only one of complete shock. There would've been time for him to smile as wide as Squidward's brow lines, but Squidward ran away from him without a word. Of course, he couldn't have just left it at that, so, he chased after him. After that, she couldn't see the two of them at all anymore. Having been forced to leave, they both, along with the now extremely disappointed crowd, except for one fish, made their way back to where they came.

   "Gee, I would be happier than a kid on Christmas right now, but... that put me in an awful bad mood!"

   "At least I can analyze the footage. If you want, I can edit it down to the happiest parts."

   "Nah, it's dandy and all... I just wish I knew what was up with those two! They're about as oblivious as a trout stuck to a fishin' hook!"

   Karen somehow felt the irony of her words to it's completion.

   "Maybe it's easier to be unobservant as you may think. Who knows? I'm just glad there's a new couple in town!"

   Sandy nudges her cold, metal shoulder and chuckles.

   "Aw shucks, fer someone so robotic, ya got a taste for the dramatics!"

   "Oh please, me? You should've seen how many rom-coms Sheldon used me to watch! It's just my second nature."