IX. | Trouble in the Bar

Grief

Grief. It's a complicated process and has no limitations for time. People hold on to that grief, forever, altering their perception of what is real and can't individuate the reality they're in. It's hard to let go of an idea their deceased loved one will never return, it's a twisted prank god is trying to play. Melissa bear witness to the cruel grip grief had on her mother, shouts of claims 'that the body didn't belong to her boy.' And insisted on her ideological belief that it was a 'Fake replica of Will'. Jonathan wanted Milly as a means of talking sense to Joyce but, instead of hoping for a change in her mind, she stuck to her claims she had. Milly knew validation was needed for her mother's health.

" I feel real bad for your mom, 'Mel. It must be hard on her, and you, knowing will died in the most terrible way he did." Amanda proclaims, flipping pages of 'vogue magazine' latest issue, woefully. Katherine shifts her focus on packing a grey sweater inside a brown bag.

" What if... I told you, girls, I know where will is." Milly says, using an expression of hush as if telling a secret. Kat and Mandy both share a 'what the hell' look before walking up to the customer service counter, being mindful to not disturb the ladies browsing.

Melissa, regarding how busy her store is, spoke using a low whisper. For her friends.

" I know how insane this might sound. It...s a feeling I have. He's here. I need you to believe me when I say there is another dimension. It's not like our world, though.."

Amanda scouts the store, for eaves-dropping, then starts to talk. " You think will .. he is there? In this Alternate parallel world?".

An image, from her time of caring for her brother when her mom was working nights, Katherine recollects of Dustin participating in a role-playing world game 'Dungeons and Dragons' in mike wheelers basement. She had heard of an identical fictional realm. Vale of shadows. " Dustin. He mentioned that place in his D&D campaigns. But he calls the.."

Milly finishes her sentence. " the Upside down. Yeah that is how will describes it, to me, in his letters. Don't be in total surprise I know the name. I listen to my brother's interests."