Chapter 9

Chapter 9 :

Akshay, Ankitha’s brother, steadied himself and stood upright, glaring at the person who had pushed him. His eyes widened in astonishment as he took in the sight before him. He scanned her from head to toe, silently admiring the audacity it took to challenge him. His gaze lingered on her, drinking in her beauty, despite her tomboyish attire. But it was her eyes, sharp, defiant, and full of warning that held his attention.

“Who the hell are you? How dare you raise your hand against a police officer? How dare you attack my people? If you try to touch him again, I’ll skin you alive and toss you out of this hospital!”, Pravalika’s voice rang out, cold and commanding. “I won’t stand by when it comes to the safety of my people. If you want to get to him, you’ll have to go through me”, her words unwavering.

Akshay stared at her, a mix of amusement and disbelief in his eyes. No one dared to defy him, not with his reputation for ruthlessness. Yet here stood a woman, bold enough to challenge him.

“Who are you, young lady? Do you even know who I am? Can you imagine the consequences of challenging me?”, Akshay asked, his voice laced with menace.

Pravalika shoved her hands into her pockets, tilted her head slightly, and replied coolly,“I’m not a child to be scared by your empty threats. My name is Pravalika, SIT officer. If you think you can intimidate me, think again. Now, leave this place and never try to harm Charan. I won’t be so lenient if you dare to cross me again. Understand?”, her words bold and dominating.

Akshay’s face darkened, his pride stung by her words. Even men feared him, yet this woman was throwing down challenges that cut deep into his ego. He wanted to put her in her place. Taking two steps toward her, he sneered,“You want to see the consequences of provoking me? I’ll make sure you regret going against me”, he said, reaching out to grab her shoulder.

But before Pravalika could react, a strong hand clamped down on Akshay’s wrist, stopping him in his tracks. He tried to pull back, but the grip was unyielding.

All eyes turned to the owner of the hand, and everyone was stunned to see who it was. Pravalika’s face, already tinged with irritation, showed surprise as well.

“How dare you try to touch my woman? Do you have the nerve to hurt her? You think she’ll go easy on you once you cross her?”, Adithya’s voice was low and dangerous as he glared at Akshay. “Don’t play with fire. Even if she forgives you out of concern, I won’t be so merciful. I’ll break your arms for touching my lady”.

Akshay winced from the pain in his wrist, finally managing to free himself from Adithya’s grip. He looked at Adithya, shock written across his face. The others around them gaped, jaws dropping at the way Adithya had claimed Pravalika as his own.

Pravalika glared at Adithya as he stepped closer, a cheeky smile playing on his lips. The annoyance on her face was unmistakable.

“Hello, Valli! We met again. You must believe we’re fated for each other”, Adithya said with enthusiasm.

“Don’t irritate me with your cheeky words!” Pravalika snapped. “I told you, I won’t go easy on you if you infuriate me”.

Adithya flashed a wide smile and replied,“I’m ready for anything. We can settle this later. What’s the deal with this jerk? Is there a problem?”.

Before Pravalika could respond, Akshay Kumar sneered,“Look who we have here. The playboy’s back, trying to play the hero again”.

Adithya turned sharply toward Akshay and retorted,“I was never a playboy, nor will I ever be. What are you doing here?”.

Akshay pointed at Pravalika and said,“I have business with her. If you’ll excuse me, I’d like to continue our conversation”.

“I told you not to mess with her and don’t provoke me. Leave this place right now”, Adithya roared.