Chapter 4: The Exploration

"Then let's go!!" Char squealed, as she skipped off.

Isn't she adorable, Mia thought to herself. My adorable...girlfriend.

"Wait for me!" Mia shouted across the road.

She quickly caught up to her girlfriend, grasping her hand and swinging it with the rhythm of their steps.

They were approaching the entrance, when Charlotte suddenly stopped.

"Oh. My. God. This is just.."

"Beautiful." Mia finished.

The entrance was a huge archway, made of pure white marble, with twinkling lights spelling out "Erratic Escape" in what seemed to be an infinity of colours. Along the sides of the huge archway, the lights also created a rainbow of flowers, flowing down like water over a cliff.

As the couple walked through, hand in hand, their mouths were hanging open, in awe of the park they were witnessing.
It was beautiful, the rides surrounding them; the hilltops sprinkled with flowers that looked like coloured dots on the horizon; the emptiness of the park making it feel special, just for them and their friends.

The group wandered through the park, following the various maps and signposts to find their way to their destination - the lodges.

Around ten minutes had passed, when all of them finally arrived at the lodges.

"Alright then, time to give you your room numbers and your keys. There's four doubles - 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B - a twin room (3); another king double (4); bunk beds (5), and a single (6). You all filled out a form before we left, so your rooms were assigned accordingly. First, the doubles. Marjorie and Reece in 1A; Winter and Autumn in 1B; Mia and Charlotte in 2A; Sorscha and Clodagh take 2B."

The four couples walked over and took their keys, and looked around to figure out where their rooms were, whilst they were waiting for the others to be assigned their rooms.

"Agatha and Chef are in 3, whilst my partner and I take 4."

Partner?  Charlotte thought, Why is he not referring to Siobhan by her name? Well, he's not the nicest to anyone, so I'm sure it's nothing. Maybe she just doesn't like being referred to by her name?... Why does it matter, you need to listen Charlotte, this is important.

Deliah, Vivian, Carly and Jodie are in 5, the room with the bunks, and that leaves Eric with the single: 6."

Charlotte watched as the others scrambled to grab their keys, waiting for Roger to tell them they can go.

"Right, does everyone have their keys?"

They all nodded.

"Off you go then. What are you waiting for?" he said in a blunt tone.

"Come on sweetheart, let's go!" Mia whispered in Char's ear, grabbing her hand and playfully pulling her over to their room - Char's hand in one hand, her suitcase in the other.

"Right, 1A, 1B..2A! This is ours!" Charlotte exclaimed, excitedly.

"Do you wanna go in first?" Mia said, turning behind her to look at Charlotte.

"Sure," she responded, stepping in front of Mia, and climbing up the squeaky wooden stairs.

"Key?"

Mia passed her the key. Char stopped for a second, just to look at it. It was small and dainty, shimmering gold with a heart on the top - it matched the door handle, which was also golden, but had outlines of tiny hearts sprinkled all over it.

Putting the key into the lock and spinning the doorknob, Charlotte stepped through the doorway, and glanced around the room. She stopped, standing in the middle of the room, in awe of the tiny space her and her girlfriend got to spend together. Roger had got Siobhan to customise each room for each person, then send the details over to the park.
The way that Mia and Charlotte's room had been designed was just amazing. 
If Siobhan wasn't already rich enough, she would be an amazing interior designer, Charlotte thought. She really has an eye for design.

The design was simple, yet pretty to look at - the floor was a dark mahogany, and on top of it laid a faded, white traditional rug - with little pink flowers. The double bed was made of dark oak, with sheets that were just plain white, and some fluffy maroon pillows sitting on top of the covers.

Charlotte ran over to the bed, like an excited child, and set her carry-on by the left side - the side they had agreed that Charlotte would take - then flopping onto the bed.

"This room is almost as gorgeous as you, sweetheart," Mia exclaimed.

"Aww, stop it Amelia!"

"Love you Char!"

"Love you too," Charlotte replied, a grin dancing onto her face. She leapt up from the bed, and grabbed Amelia's arm, throwing her down onto the bed, then also falling onto it, snuggling up next to Mia.

- - A FEW MINUTES LATER - -

Through the wall, Charlotte could hear muffled voices, squealing and shouting - they sounded like they were having fun - although it interrupted Mia and Charlotte's conversation, much to the annoyance of Mia.

"Charlotte, who's next door? I can't with their shouting right now," Mia huffed - she was trying to have a conversation and all she could hear was their neighbours.

"Wait..." Charlotte stopped to think. 1A was Marjorie's, 1B Autumn's, 2A theirs, so 2B must be.. Sorscha's!
"I think it's Sorscha and her wife, Clodagh. Don't go starting something with them Mia, they're probably just having fun - and, we've barely talked to Sorscha's wife, so you don't want to be making a bad impression on her, do you Amelia?"

"Hm,"

"Amelia...?"

"Fine! I'll try to be civil, can you like message them or something though to get them to quieten down, I want to rest for a bit and I know you need to!"

"No Amelia, we're gonna leave them, they're not doing you any harm. Just.. try and lie down and relax, okay? it's only 1 o'clock, no need to be angry right now,"

"Okay baby. Just for you,"

AN: Sorry guys I cannot write love stuff for the life of me!! But yes the next chapter will be slightly more interesting I hope!! 🖤